Luftwaffe Me-263 Tigerhai

Started by sotoolslinger, March 27, 2010, 06:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Now I feel I am making real progress with this one :rolleyes: Went and got some Evergreen stock yesterday so I would not have to use so much freakin putty ;D
But first she needed more visual interest on her nose :thumbsup: The way the Hase kit fits there are no gun barrels showing when you put the panels on :banghead:
I can fix that.  :wacko: Long barreled 30 mm cannon. Steel projectiles with copper driving bands for a lighter weight, higher explosive payload bullet also a heavier powder charge which can be efficiently burned in the longer barrel. :party:

Tigershark ,get it :thumbsup: :wacko:

Here is a very rough mock up. I cut the wings for a more radical sweep but I will definitely sweep them even more

I will also most likely use the engines from the Hasegawa kit instead of the Revell's  pictured as they will be easier to fill :blink:(I hope) :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

jcf

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 30, 2010, 02:39:33 PM
The way the Hase kit fits there are no gun barrels showing when you put the panels on :banghead:

Just like the real airplane. ;)

sotoolslinger

;D Yeah but this is one of MY models and must have bigger guns :lol: :rolleyes: :party:
I amuse me.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sotoolslinger

Thanks Moritz :thumbsup: Did I mention that this one would use some putty :blink: ;D

Oh yeah the comment about the Hase engines being easier....I retract that :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

Scooterman

Cobra

Looking Good :thumbsup: Any plans to put a Shark's Mouth on her when it comes time for Paint & Decal work? Keep up the Great Work & Stay Cool :mellow: :cheers:Dan

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all ;D Of course it will get teeth :wacko:I will have to hand paint them.  :blink: This is the only 1/32 I have done so no decal stash built up.
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

dumaniac

That's some serious putty work - I look forward to the end game

Bernie

Weaver

This is looking great AND shaping up to be one of the great STS putty epics.... ;D

Remember to sing the song:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20455.0.html

:mellow: ;)

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Thanks Y'all :wub: I'm back on the road again but I brought all the current projects with me. I'm working on somewhere upwards of 30 hous without sleep now so no work and no pics this am. :blink:
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on April 07, 2010, 06:15:44 AM
Thanks Y'all :wub: I'm back on the road again but I brought all the current projects with me. I'm working on somewhere upwards of 30 hous without sleep now so no work and no pics this am. :blink:

Hang in there! Model is looking great that tail really looks unique :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

proditor

That's nucking futs!  LOVE IT!!!   :wub: :wub: :wub:

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all :wub: I installed the engines yesterday pics in a minute
I amuse me.