Create your own Motivational Poster

Started by philp, March 28, 2010, 10:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

The Sisters and the Brothers beat my Catholicism and my belief in God out of me.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Stargazer

Quote from: rickshaw on February 01, 2012, 05:15:48 AM
The Sisters and the Brothers beat my Catholicism and my belief in God out of me.   :banghead:

Sad. If the head of Coca-Cola was an a*s*s*h*o*l*e, would you stop buying Coke altogether?

By beating Catholicism out of you they may well have done you a favor, but the belief in God is something else altogether.
It is essential to make a difference between faith and religion!
Religion tells you how you should do this and not do that...
Faith is individual, personal and needs no institutions, no churches, no organizations... No intermediaries!

[post slightly edited for the sake of peace!]

Weaver

I know I contributed to it, but maybe we should change the subject now before people start falling out with each other? Religion is on the "verboten" list after all....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

RussC

Quote from: Weaver on February 01, 2012, 09:07:29 AM
I know I contributed to it, but maybe we should change the subject now before people start falling out with each other? Religion is on the "verboten" list after all....

Point taken. Since mine was last on the pile I X'ed it.

Too much fun though.  :-X
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Cliffy B

At least you guys displayed a civil adult conversation about religion on the internet.  I didn't think that was possible!  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Cliffy B on February 01, 2012, 12:29:08 PM
At least you guys displayed a civil adult conversation about religion on the internet.  I didn't think that was possible!  ;D

I didn't think we could use the words 'civil', 'adult' and 'conversation' all in one sentance in here............   ;D ;) :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 01, 2012, 02:27:18 PM

I didn't think we could use the words 'civil', 'adult' and 'conversation' all in one sentance in here............   ;D ;) :lol:

And now for something completely different:

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

RussC

And nobody made a Hitler reference either, or got into P*litics.  ;D :rolleyes:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

philp

Jedi Master Frodo is not afraid (at least, not too much).

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

But you have no idea how much self control and iron discipline the "civil" bit took....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Not impossible, just unfortunately all too rare.  :(  :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Steel Penguin

scooter and phllip, both top notch posters,  and defo brought a big smile to my face.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on February 01, 2012, 09:07:29 AM

Thanks Harold.

From a moderators point of view I am happy to moderate most things but religion is a subject that should be left to private discussion.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Stargazer

Quote from: RussC on February 01, 2012, 03:15:44 PM

And nobody made a Hitler reference either, or got into P*litics.  ;D :rolleyes:

My Hitler sentence got self-censored even before I posted... ROTFL

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.