Create your own Motivational Poster

Started by philp, March 28, 2010, 10:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Very true Steve, But the SNCO in question only mentioned points 1 & 2 lol. After all he was only REME  ;D  :wacko:  ;D  :wacko:  ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

True, you couldn't expect much else from a TA Sgt/Major after all, anyway if he was REME he'd of been a WO2.  ;D ;)
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

scooter

I work with officers with something even more deadly than a weapon and a map...they have a radio connected to a fighter loaded with lots of A/G ordinance.   :banghead:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

rickshaw

SNCOs run the army.   Officers do what the SNCOs tell them to do (quietly).  A good Officer listens.  A bad one usually finds they are assigned to some menial task.  Good COs never cross the Snakepit (Sergeants' Mess).  Bad COs find they get sacked if they do.   A good SNCO protects his men from the trouble that a bad Officer produces. 

So I was taught by my RSM after hanging three hooks on my sleeve.  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Go4fun

The worst of the lot here a Reserve Officer Training Corp cadet that makes it to ButterBar (2nd Lieutentant). If you could buy one for what he knew and sell one for what he thought he thought he knew you'd never have to work again.  ;D
"Just which planet are you from again"?

RussC

Quote from: Go4fun on May 09, 2012, 05:47:54 PM
The worst of the lot here a Reserve Officer Training Corp cadet that makes it to ButterBar (2nd Lieutentant). If you could buy one for what he knew and sell one for what he thought he thought he knew you'd never have to work again.  ;D

humor in uniform, put to music -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0L_rD7CCe4&feature=related
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

lancer

Quote from: RussC on May 09, 2012, 07:11:41 PM
Quote from: Go4fun on May 09, 2012, 05:47:54 PM

humor in uniform, put to music -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0L_rD7CCe4&feature=related

Well, that's not allowed in the UK.....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Martin H

Quote from: Aircav on May 09, 2012, 03:23:04 PM
True, you couldn't expect much else from a TA Sgt/Major after all, anyway if he was REME he'd of been a WO2.  ;D ;)

Steve, it was bad enough trying to stop our oc (a Flight Lieutenant) calling him a Flight Sargent.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

Theres some really weird ranks in the British Army, especially in the woodentops and donkey wallopers, Lance Sergeants, Staff Corporal and Corporal of Horse being three of them.  ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

PR19_Kit

It's tradition my boy, TRADITION doncha know!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

Aye, tradition that dates back to Queen Victoria.  :rolleyes:

Sir Sydney Camm

rickshaw

Quote from: Aircav on May 10, 2012, 02:15:32 PM

I think a 100 year tradition is still a tradition...

scooter

Quote from: rickshaw on May 10, 2012, 05:30:40 PM
Quote from: Aircav on May 10, 2012, 02:15:32 PM

I think a 100 year tradition is still a tradition...

Even a 3 year old tradition is still a tradition...

(And to prevent complaints about thread drift...  ;D )
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Stargazer

Quote from: scooter on May 10, 2012, 06:00:57 PM
(And to prevent complaints about thread drift...  ;D )

Drift?!? This is NOT drift, this is HIJACKING! SABOTAGE on a large scale!

rickshaw

Quote from: scooter on May 10, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Hey!  No fair!  One of the yabbies has his claw strapped shut!  We want a clean, fair fight!   ;D