Create your own Motivational Poster

Started by philp, March 28, 2010, 10:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go4fun

There is always one option left for when things go so wrong you see no way out.

* Also serves as a good home defense weapon. "But officer, he looked like a nail"! :rolleyes:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on May 10, 2012, 02:15:32 PM
Aye, tradition that dates back to Queen Victoria.  :rolleyes:

Farther back then that in most cases mate
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 11, 2012, 07:40:04 AM
Quote from: Aircav on May 10, 2012, 02:15:32 PM
Aye, tradition that dates back to Queen Victoria.  :rolleyes:

Farther back then that in most cases mate

Rant mode on.
Still never worked out why the Guards didn't keep the Lee Metford/Enfields for ceremonial duties instead of the stupid drill they devised for the SA80 and the silly covers so they didn't get oil over there nice red tunics.
Rant mode off.

;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Gondor

Quote from: rickshaw on May 11, 2012, 01:48:44 AM
Quote from: scooter on May 10, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Hey!  No fair!  One of the yabbies has his claw strapped shut!  We want a clean, fair fight!   ;D

And if you actually pay attention you can see to the lower right the remains of the tape used on the other lobster
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Knightflyer

And one lobster is right-handed and the other is left handed......I feel this is important for some reason!  :blink:

(I thought lobsters were like crabs and had one big claw, one little claw ?!?)
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Ed S

Quote from: Go4fun on May 11, 2012, 07:19:50 AM
There is always one option left for when things go so wrong you see no way out.

* Also serves as a good home defense weapon. "But officer, he looked like a nail"! :rolleyes:

They don't call it "kit bashing" for nothing.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

lancer

Quote from: Aircav on May 10, 2012, 01:54:22 PM
Theres some really weird ranks in the British Army, especially in the woodentops and donkey wallopers, Lance Sergeants, Staff Corporal and Corporal of Horse being three of them.  ;D

Aaaaaand my brother was in the Grenadier Guards for 15 years.

Still never worked out why the Guards didn't keep the Lee Metford/Enfields for ceremonial duties instead of the stupid drill they devised for the SA80 and the silly covers so they didn't get oil over there nice red tunics.

My brother and most of his mates would agree with you on that point Steve. They ALL hated ceremonials with the SA80!!!! Last time I mounted a ceremonial guard we did it with Lee Enfiels no4's..Much nicer to work with for that job.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on May 11, 2012, 12:38:43 PM
My brother and most of his mates would agree with you on that point Steve. They ALL hated ceremonials with the SA80!!!! Last time I mounted a ceremonial guard we did it with Lee Enfiels no4's..Much nicer to work with for that job.

There's nothing quite like the massed 'CLACKKK!' sound as all the deliberately dis-placed magazines are pushed home when a squad comes to the 'Present' with a Lee-Enfield.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

deathjester

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

RussC

Superb !!!    Now maybe a counterpart with a saying from the Sith Lord....

Keep Calm and Carry On, or I will Calm You and we'll carry you Out.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

rickshaw

Quote from: Gondor on May 11, 2012, 10:18:53 AM
And if you actually pay attention you can see to the lower right the remains of the tape used on the other lobster

Still gives one Yabbie an unfair advantage...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2012, 01:09:20 PM
Quote from: lancer on May 11, 2012, 12:38:43 PM

There's nothing quite like the massed 'CLACKKK!' sound as all the deliberately dis-placed magazines are pushed home when a squad comes to the 'Present' with a Lee-Enfield.  ;D

I always enjoyed the Bayonets that fell off after "Bayonets!  Fix!"  The red faces were fun to watch and muttered swear words from the culprits and the NCOs were amusing as well.   There was always _one_ who didn't press home his Bayonet properly.  ;)

The Australian Army does their drill now with the F88 and it always looks like a dog's breakfast to me.  The "Federation Guard" a ceremonial unit, however uses the L1a1, which like the SMLE is a true long-arm and hence much easier to do drill with.  Not sure about the Chromed magazines and Bayonets, though...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Chromed mags and bayonets? Ye gods, whatever next!.

The first time I saw a USAF band I nearly fell off my high chair, er, maybe it was a bit later than that. They wore fully chromed helmets and the MONSTROUS Sousaphone looming over everything just added to my amazement.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Aircav

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2012, 01:09:20 PM

I know of some units that use to loosen the woodwork and the butt plates of their Lee Enfields.  ;) ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader