PHANTOM 1/48 SCI-FI Channel Inspired

Started by G.Marcat, April 03, 2010, 01:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

New images showing the status of the project:

Taiidantomcat

Excellent! this camo is fascinating  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

In the last month done nothing on the Phan-Viggen.
Today afternoon finally reprise the work on this model.

For first done a POST SHADING on all the panel lined of the kit: done this with the airbrush loaded of 99,9% of rubbing Alcohol and a drop ob Gunze Flat black:

As second work weathered the center of any spot on the upper fuselage with a mix of 99% of usual rubbing Alcohol and some drops of GUNZE fs-36622.

This time I like the my work: the result look ok to me.

Taiidantomcat

I usually don't post shade, but I love this effect. I think i will start post shading :thumbsup:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

G.Marcat

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on June 17, 2010, 05:01:24 PM
I usually don't post shade, but I love this effect. I think i will start post shading :thumbsup:

I love the postshading because I have a great control on the results: I have a heavy hand so I use the rubbibg alcohol and a drop of black but if someone want a more light result it's sufficient to use a drop of medium gray, the result will be a lot more subtle.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 17, 2010, 05:33:15 PMBRILLIANT :wub: :thumbsup:

Thank You!

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: G.Marcat on June 17, 2010, 11:55:58 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on June 17, 2010, 05:01:24 PM

I love the postshading because I have a great control on the results: I have a heavy hand so I use the rubbibg alcohol and a drop of black but if someone want a more light result it's sufficient to use a drop of medium gray, the result will be a lot more subtle.

I was thinking the same thing until I get used to it using it.   :thumbsup:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

G.Marcat

philp

Let me be the first to say...

Brilliant!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Pablo1965

wow, incredible and an authentic beauty :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow: :bow:

Cobra

Sweet,Awesome,and Well Done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cool & Interesting Camo! Anything as Cool Planned? :cheers: :cheers: Dan

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

G.Marcat

This is a rare occasion that I'm satisfied from the work done by myself.

In this model I don't have meet any problem, all the building process is gone well and without problems.

The camo is come out pretty decent: the decals are from XTRADECAL sheet X-48-052 British Pacific roundels WWII.

For this time I'm proud of the work done!!!   :thumbsup: