Secret Japanese Space Plane Revealed !

Started by sotoolslinger, April 03, 2010, 09:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Hate it!  It's Hull FC's colours, team from over the river, boo, hiss!!!   :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: ;) ;) ;)

Paint it in Hull Kingston Rovers colours of red & white & it'll look fantastic!   ;D ;D ;D

All messin' aside, it's looking good matey!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Mossie  :lol: It's actually supposed to look sort of Nasa ish Shuttle ish :blink:
Sorry to have offended any football or rugby fans ( or whatever sort of weird sports you strange English play) :blink: ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ed S

Looking good.   It does seem to have a football or rugby ball shape to it.  Maybe the team colors would be appropriate.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Mossie

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 19, 2010, 10:16:06 AM
Thanks Mossie  :lol: It's actually supposed to look sort of Nasa ish Shuttle ish :blink:
Sorry to have offended any football or rugby fans ( or whatever sort of weird sports you strange English play) :blink: ;D :lol: :rolleyes:

Heh.  Yeah, it's rugby & not even the type your (probably) most familiar with but a b@stardised version called Rugby League, mostly played in Yorkshire & Lancashire.  Quite popular in Aus & New Zealand & the national game of Papua New Guinea!  Similar game play to Rugby Union with different rules to allow for a different style with more tackling.  I guess you compare the differences to those between Baseball & Softball.

More here, if you're bothered!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league

Hi-jack over! ;D

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

Please don't tell anybody in America but while channel surfin on the satellite I will stop on a rugby game :o :rolleyes: :blink:
I amuse me.

Mossie

If you ever see Rugby League, give it a try, the styles are quite different.  Might be described as Super League if it's from the UK or NRL if it's Aus/NZ.  I've always thought it might be quite popular in the US if it could nudge in on more established sports.

Rugby Union, the type you're most likely to see has a passing style with kicking playing a large part, Rugby League is more about the tackling.

sotoolslinger

WELL EF ME :angry: :angry: :angry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This am she looked like this

Now when I was a kid painting Enterprises I remember Transparent Blue as being so light and transparent :banghead:that you had to use multiple coats to get any hint of color :blink:
Well not with this frikken can :angry:
This is one light coat sprayed from afar

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
ALL THAT EFFIN WORK :blink: >:(
I amuse me.

thedarkmaster

wow man, I'm so sorry. It's a bummer when this sort of thing happens  >:(  >:(  >:(
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

sotoolslinger

Thanks TDM :blink: Oh well I guess its blue now :banghead:
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Looks like the transparent blue got repelled in a couple of places (or did it get pooled up?).

Damn...this sucks.   Is there any compatible kind of paint you could safely hit it with overall and re-do?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

I don't know :blink: But I do know I am not remasking this frikken nightmare. This is one of those projects that seem to fight you all the way :banghead:
I'm thinking of hitting it with some other transparent to tone down the stark blue and just going with it :blink:
I amuse me.

Mossie

Keep the blue & hit it with mucho weathering & battle damage.  That could account for the variation in colour.  Fighting Godzilla tends to take it's toll on a turbo-fighter-space-planes paintwork.

The great thing about your projects Ron, & this goes for Baz & Eddie too, is that you're not working to a script.  The project is evolving right until you say it's finished.  I remember the paint problems you had with your Hell Hound & turned that into something different, I'm surre you'll work something out!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

That's pretty much my attitude, Mossie :thumbsup: I'll make it work :party:
I amuse me.

Taiidantomcat

Stick with it, just because its not going as you would like doesn't mean it won't turn out a way you love  :cheers: You can always do camouflage too.  ;D
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.