1987 CAF Mirage CF-10 **F I N I S H E D**

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, April 04, 2010, 12:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: nev on May 03, 2010, 10:41:17 PM
Thankfully, I've got a welders mask to hand.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, NEV's new signature

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Camo and touching-up done. I'm at work just now so no pics until I get back after work and voting tonight. Tho' I say it m'self, it looks quite neat'n tidy.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Main painting finished:

The loadout is just held in-plce for the photos with Blu-Tack. More soon. Thanks for taking the time to look, and SPECIAL thanks to our NEV for the BL755's, which arrived today. Appreciate it, bud  :thumbsup:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Oh yeah....now that's camo !

:wub:

Beauty job, Ian !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Like wrap around camo, love Mirage F-1's.  :wub: Great stuff Ian, low viz or full colour Maple Leaves?

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

chrisonord

Very nice Ian, the F-1 suits that scheme for sure, just wondering though, is it going to have its tail planes? or is this a new design of yours  :mellow:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

upnorth

Quote from: Green Dragon on May 07, 2010, 06:32:33 PM
Like wrap around camo, love Mirage F-1's.  :wub: Great stuff Ian, low viz or full colour Maple Leaves?

Paul Harrison

This would be perfect for the roundels that the CF-104s had later in their service with the white removed.

web photo
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Green Dragon

That's the style I like upnorth, I made a few Matchbox F-5's with those roundels when I was little.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Stay tuned, gentlemen, stay tuned....  :mellow:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Stay gooned ? But I gotta work in the morning !

:thumbsup:

Great shot of that 104.....the good old days !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Ian, you have an entire nation of modelers drooling up here....great idea and a fantastic paint job too.
Can't believe the quality you produce in 1:72.  Man alive, upload more pics already!   :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Silverfox

That's a gorgeous hunk of plastic right there. You made the F-1 look something really special! I love the asymetric loadout as well, it gives it that bit more 'eyecatch'

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on May 10, 2010, 08:25:05 AMIan, you have an entire nation of modelers drooling up here....great idea and a fantastic paint job too. Can't believe the quality you produce in 1:72.  Man alive, upload more pics already!   :wub:

Awww shucks, Bazz, it's really good of you to say that, but I cannot tell a lie it is the Italeri (nee Esci) 1:48 kit  :mellow: - Decals went on today, but that puts it at the point I hate most. All shiny and sparkly with no weathering, looks like a die-cast toy, ugh  :blink:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)