1987 CAF Mirage CF-10 **F I N I S H E D**

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, April 04, 2010, 12:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro_seventies

A Mirage has never looked better - fabulous work IHG! :)
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: you make me a Bit Jealous with such SUPERB Work! hope to see more from you soon. :cheers: :cheers:Dan

PR19_Kit

What do you mean 'It's a Whiff'. Surely not?  -_-

Magic indeed, that looks SO right Ian.  :thumbsup: :cheers:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

srkirad

very nice work Ian - this livery nicely fits to F.1, and the paintjob and weathering finish are really marvelous! ;)

oh, and do you have maybe some close-ups of left intake - I can see some "pink" decal but cannot recognize what's on it.
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

bearmatt

Is it a "Mirage" or is it real?  :wub:

AWESOME !

Whiffers want more of it!!!
The carpet monster took it!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: srkirad on May 21, 2010, 12:11:13 AMoh, and do you have maybe some close-ups of left intake - I can see some "pink" decal but cannot recognize what's on it.

It's from one of the CF-104's on the decal sheet "Miss Piggy" - In the unwritten part of the backstory, the pilot who flew the CF-104 in 1980, also flew this CF-10.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

srkirad

There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kitnut617

I've always liked the Jaguar/Mirage F1/Mitsubishi F.1 line of aircraft, this looks right smart in Canadian colours Ian,   :thumbsup:

Technically though, the serial number you've used wouldn't be right.  Canadian serial numbers use the first numbers from the type number so CF-10 would be 10***, the serial number on the model is 104*** which is of course for the CF-104.

See here:
http://www.ody.ca/~bwalker/post_int.html

Unless of course, it's an alternative CF-104, Dassault CF-104 instead of Lockheed CF-104
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Sauragnmon

If you wanted to get truly picky, kit, even you fell short on the numbering code.  RCAF aircraft designations in that timeframe are all three digits - this is about the timeframe the F-5 would have been entering service, after all.  Ian got it right to a degree - the three digit designation given to a Canadian Aircraft is always aimed to be the closest they can get to the aircraft's true designation.  CF-188 Hornet, for example - they just tagged on the eight to make it quick and close.  There was an explaination somewhere of how the F-5 turned into the CF-116, but I forget.  In the case of the Hornet, the designation skipped a whole bunch of numbers in order to be close to its designation - the RCAF Normally just tacks a hundred onto the designation, but 118 was already spoken for.  Similarly, they didn't like to go backwards, so CF-100 or CF-101 would be out by numerical standards, not just the fact they were already used.

But, Kit was right about the tailcode - they all start with the aircraft designation number.  But at this point, it's mostly semantics, and the plane still looks awesome.    I'll shut up now.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Dork the kit slayer

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm it took two Timmy Taylors and a plate of fish and chips to bring me around......................not bad if you squint................................(hard)
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 20, 2010, 08:19:23 AM
Not a fan of the F1 (or any other "Mirage" for that matter) but that does look nice  :thumbsup: :bow:

Chris

You were the last person on my list to be "burnt as a witch (alright warlock...you old queen)......................you is now required to present yourself with the faggots of your choice to the town square prompto.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

That's just perfect, Ian ! From the slight weathering, to the chipped paint, to the camo, to the weapons fit....and to top it all off, you've added them lovely little leafs ! Hats off to you, sir.....great job !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

hurricanemk1c