JASDF F-15EJ: Another FAR Mudhen

Started by FAR148, April 04, 2010, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Quote from: Riksbar on April 07, 2010, 01:14:04 PM
Is it just me seeing that TRDI UAV as a upside down Dan Dare era space fighter?   :blink:

Thats where they probalby got the idea from in the first place
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Oooohh another FAR build to watch, Mossie (even) more beer, I got the Twiglets & pies  :drink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Scooterman

IHG, can I come over?  I'll bring my own popcorn.........

FAR148

Glad to see you all enjoying the build  :thumbsup:
Made some more progress this week. Like her Greek sister, she is build from two of same kits but I got them at two different times. That why the wings are two different shades of gray. I also glued down the air brake and place the tails.

Started painting the nozzles. First I shot them with Model Master Titanium buffing metalizer and sealed it with coat of future. Than I mask off the the pettled and shot them either gunship gray or black. Don't want them too dark. I shot the one on the left gunship gray.  Next up black on the tip of the nozzle. For the ceramic coating on the inside of the nozzle, I used light gray. I hate shooting white paint. >:(

Girls like accessories, Hers showed up today! :party:

I also started on my idea of the XASM-3, the ASM-4.:wacko:  The body is from a Harpoon with the head of a Bullpup. The sides are just stock styrene. It still has a bit more work to be done to it.

Until later,
Steven L  :ph34r:

nev

Great to see you're taking on the challenge of an XASM-3 :thumbsup:

For the ceramic white inside modern jet nozzles, its not a pure white anyway - more of an ivory.  I like to use "bleached bone" from the Citadel range over a white primer base coat.  It all gets weathered & washed anyway.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: FAR148 on April 08, 2010, 08:17:08 PM
<...> I also started on my idea of the XASM-3, the ASM-4.:wacko: <...>

Way, way cool!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

John Howling Mouse

Watching you build and reading your thorough explanations are genuine privileges.
Thanks, Steven!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

FAR148

Nev,
I think its too cool not to try to build one. But after searching online, I just could not find enough info to make a accurate copy. So I just based mine on it. Area that would be too hard to make or areas where I could not figure out what was going on there, I changed or just made it simpler. I have been working more on it this week than anything else. Thanks for the heads up on the ceramic coloring. :thumbsup:

Thanks Moritz and John.   :thumbsup:

Can you guess what I'll be doing in 4 hours!

More to come,
Steven L  :ph34r:

FAR148

Well after four hours I got good news and bad news. First the good news, the mold of my ASM-4 is really good  -_-. The RTV does a good job pick up all the details. Now the bad news.... my resin sucks :angry:. It's too old (over 2 years) and it cures sticky. So, I order a new batch from Mirco-Mark and it should be here late next week. Hopefully this time next weekend I will have some resin ASM-4's.

Until next time,
Steven L  :ph34r:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Scooterman on April 08, 2010, 06:04:10 AMIHG, can I come over?  I'll bring my own popcorn.........

:cheers: Always welcome my Texan brother  :drink: - This FAR bloke is quite good isn't he ??

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Scooterman

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on April 11, 2010, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: Scooterman on April 08, 2010, 06:04:10 AMIHG, can I come over?  I'll bring my own popcorn.........

:cheers: Always welcome my Texan brother  :drink: - This FAR bloke is quite good isn't he ??

Ian

Ja! :thumbsup:

FAR148

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:

Well she only took about a week to make but here my ASM-4. :wub:  Can't wait for my resin to get here so I can make a few copies.

Until later,
Steven L  :ph34r:

GTX

Very nice - I could do with a few of those!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: FAR148 on April 11, 2010, 10:38:24 PM
Thanks guys  :thumbsup:

Well she only took about a week to make but here my ASM-4. :wub:  Can't wait for my resin to get here so I can make a few copies.

Ooooohh look, Gerry Anderson is designing missiles now !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Just what I thought.  And Gerry Anderson is cool  :ph34r:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May