JASDF F-15EJ: Another FAR Mudhen

Started by FAR148, April 04, 2010, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Drop-dead gorgeous! :wub: Love the inverted colours on the insides of the tails as in the Mod Eagle scheme. Pretty cool!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Cliffy B

Good golly Miss Molly!!!  She's a beaut man, keep it up  :thumbsup:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Just keeps getting better and betterer

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

FAR148

Thanks Guys  :thumbsup:

Here's the last update this weekend on my two girls. :wub:

On the left is my Hellenic Air Force F-15E and to the right is her sister, my JASDF F-15EJ. Both are Revell's 1/48 scale F-15E. In the middle in my rough art work for custom decals.

My HAF Mudhen will have an asymmetrical loadout. From left to right, AGM-148, AIM-9, AN/AAQ-13 navigation pod, AN/AXQ-14, AN/AAQ-14 targeting pod, GBU-12(x2), AIM-9, AIM-120 and a drop tank.

And my JASDF F-15EJ will have a symmetrical loadout. The only differance side to side is the two pods, on the left is an AN/AAQ-13 navigation pod and right is AN/AAQ-48 targeting pod. From wing station to centerline station, AAM-4, AAM-3, ASM-4 ( based on an XASM-3) and a drop tank on center line. Still need to do somemore work on her, paint her butt Chrome silver, install the nozzles, finish her AAM-4's, details, details......

Until later,
Steven L  :ph34r:

EDIT:  Fixed your last link.  Had one too many "http://"s in it.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Inspiring builds, the pair of them.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

John Howling Mouse

A pair of classy ladies...very professional work you do with the schemes.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on May 10, 2010, 05:21:30 PM
A pair of classy ladies...very professional work you do with the schemes.   :thumbsup:

+1. Very Striking (no pun intended). ;D
Look behind you!

Mossie

Beautiful girls!  Especially liking the Greek version. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

G.Marcat

Nice idea and  really well executed.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

FAR148

Thanks everybody  :thumbsup:

Details, Details, Details... The Devil's where?

Started detailing both Mud hens, painting antennas, vent as well as added bare metal foil to the refueling doors. All the underwing weapon stations got a wash in water color/ink mix. Weapons got decals and foil. And both sets of targeting pods are ready to be added.

FAR148