JASDF F-15EJ: Another FAR Mudhen

Started by FAR148, April 04, 2010, 04:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

How are you detailing the panel lines because they look absolutely wonderful  :bow: :bow: :bow: :wub:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

FAR148

Thanks everyone for your continuing support :thumbsup:

QuoteCan't wait to see them fully armed 
Cliff,
I too can't wait to see them armed. I was hoping to start hanging weapons this weekend but decaling took longer than I expected. Maybe next weekend. :thumbsup:

QuoteAre the FOD covers scratchbuilt or AM?
Nev,
The FOD covers come with the kit. Of the two builds, the Greek one has been the high maintenance one! Her seams, her paint and now her decals! :angry: Some of them didn't dry properly and If I shot a flat coat on them now, they would most likely silver. Her Japanese sister on the other hand... smooth as silk.

QuoteHow are you detailing the panel lines because they look absolutely wonderful

Gondor,
I washed the panel line in a mix of burnt umber water color, Medea Com-art transparent black paint and a few drop of Dawn dishwashing soap. My mix is about 30% water color to 70% transparent black. Once you are finish and happy with your paint scheme, you got to seal it with a good thin clear coat. If it is too thick, it will fill in your panel lines. Too thin and the wash will bleed into your paint job and you will not be a happy modeler! :banghead: I used Future thinned with Windex(about 90% Future to 10% Windex). Let the clear coat dry overnight and start your wash the next day. Brush on your wash, making sure it is flowing in the panel lines easily. If not add a drop or two more soap into your wash. Apply the wash and let it dry. Then come back with a damp soapy paper towel and wipe away the excess. Some like to wipe in the same direction of the airflow, whatever works for you. I wipe diagonal. Don't try to wash everything at once, just wash parts at a time. A wing, a tail or even a weapon station. Once you wash the whole model, you got to seal the wash for decal. Again, I used Future thinned with Windex.(Again same mix)

Until Later,
Steven L :cheers:

srkirad

both Eagles look really cool, each one is interesting in its own way ;)

congratulations for finishing all of those stencils - this phase may be the most boring part of modelling of a kit! :)
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

FAR148

Well the No Steps decals on the Greek Mudhen did not dry properly. :angry:  I tried lightly poke around the decal with a sharp no#11 blade then hit them with Microsol and set but it did not work or help. So with a wet Q-tip and a new no#11 blade, I removed the decals. They lifted off easily. I shot a fresh coat of Future where the old decals were and will try again tomorrow.

Until later,
Steven L  :ph34r:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I'm back..... and (even moe), enthused !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

FAR148

Welcome Back Ian!
My two Hot Chicks turned into Bad Girls! As of now both Mudhens are armed and got a few more bits to be added. This will be the last of the progress reports, next you see them they should be finished!

Soon! Real Soon!
Steven L   :ph34r:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

coops213

These are looking fantastic! Lol @ the X- and Y-wing kills on the Greek jet.

Chris

GTX

Any hints on what you have panned for the Hunter?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

bearmatt

"Rebel scrum" ---  All to easy  ;D

So, what's next with this Hunter?

My wishlist (from your Hunter profiles...):

#1: USAF Natural metal finish scheme "save by GIMP"
#2: USMC VMFT-20

The carpet monster took it!

ChernayaAkula

Oooh, a Hunter!  :wub: Can't wait to see what magic you'll work on that one! :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Nearly done, both looking lovely.  Looking forward to that Hunter... :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Both so stunning, I cannot wait for the finished pics 8)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

FAR148

Thanks guy! :thumbsup:
As for Hunter plans...

Steven L

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May