Art Model

Started by Weaver, April 05, 2010, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

The Yak 36 has been around a while. I think Martin H has one.

Not sure if they are all re-pops or origional tools. Might be interested in the Bearcat  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Hmm, might go for the BV155 and the Yak 36.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Barry Krell

Looking at the sprue shots of the Ta 152H and the Bv 155 on ebay, I'd say they're pirate toolings - Dragon Ta 152H and MPM/Special Hobby Bv 155.  The latter is still available and the Ta 152 is nowhere near as good as the Aoshima kit.  That's not generally available but I've seen tham about.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

pyro-manic

That BV155 would look fantastic with swept wings - Me262?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

anthonyp

I've got the Yak-36.  It looks like a really nice kit.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Captain Canada

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 06, 2010, 12:41:23 AM
The Yak 36 has been around a while. I think Martin H has one.

Was it he who built one here ? It's an a/c I learned of here...and have like ever since ! Looks like a carp or a catfish to me....maybe more catfish. And a 17 pound kit is only 26 CDN ? No wonder my father-in-law has been buying the GBP ! Maybe I should ask him if I can borrow a few....

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Barry Krell

Having seen the Bv 155 in the plastic, I'm convinced it's a copy of the Special Hobby kit.  As for the Ta 152, save yourselves a few bob and go straight for the Aoshima kit.  Easier to build too.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Martin H

The yak is a good kit, don't know if its a copy of any one Else's tool thou.
I got mine off a Polish trader at last years Eday in Prague
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: Barry Krell on April 12, 2010, 01:45:53 PM
  As for the Ta 152, save yourselves a few bob and go straight for the Aoshima kit.  Easier to build too.

It is a nice kit  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

redstar72

Hi all!
Although the ArtModel's Ta 152 is actually based on the Dragon kit and Bv 155 with Bearcat on the Czech kits, the Yak-36 is fully original tooling. Here is the review - it's written in Ukrainian but you can see photos of the kit parts.
And ArtModel claims their next kit would be Yak-141 Freestyle!
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: redstar72 on April 13, 2010, 03:36:33 AM<...>
And ArtModel claims their next kit would be Yak-141 Freestyle!

:party:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

lancer

I'll Echo Moritz's reaction to the news a new Yak 1541 is coming out and an IM one. I built the Anigrand one a while ago and it was a collossal pain in the rear!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

redstar72

The first photos of the first Yak-141 test moldings!

Posted originally here: http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_p_384910.html#384910.
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

chrisonord

MMMMM Yak 141  :wub: :wub: :wub: Yes please.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!