Mig27 BOC(T) Finished

Started by Modelling_Mushi, April 12, 2010, 03:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modelling_Mushi

Hello Everyone

Have finished the Mig27, happy with the way it has turned out. Ive always liked the Marine scheme the Germans use, and I managed to pick up an old Tornado that donated the decals and colour scheme; MFG1 i beleive. A few minor alignment issues that will teach me to use a jig instead of a Mk1 eyeball, but I can live with it on this one.

Pics as follows below (yes,there are a few. I was very happy with the way it turned out):

Comparison with a standard Mig27M :

WIP thread here http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,27110.0.html

Any comments & criticism welcomed. Now onto the RX84s.

Ciao

Mass
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Weaver

Excellent job: looks every bit as mean as it promised to do from the start!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lenny100

love it
looks good in that markings as well
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

rickshaw

Nice.  How hot though does the forward nozzle exhaust get?  You might find yourself needing new tyres on the main gear.   :lol:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Ed S

Very well done.  Interesting combination, VSTOL and swing wing together.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: Ed S on April 12, 2010, 06:20:30 AM
Very well done.  Interesting combination, VSTOL and swing wing together.

Ed

Hmmm - now there's a thought: the variable-everything aeroplane. Variable incidence swing wings, vectored thrust AND a droop snoot..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

That has just taken the awsomeness level up about four notches....Briliant work
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Tophe

Quote from: Modelling_Mushi on April 12, 2010, 03:29:26 AM
Comparison with a standard Mig27M :
Any comments & criticism welcomed. Now onto the RX84s.
I am unable to criticize this great work, congratulations! :thumbsup: The comparison picture is my very favourite, helping to appreciate your huge amount of work and your nice inventions ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

anthonyp

I love the Marinefleiger markings and Harpoons!  This thing just looks pretty!

:wub: :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbsup:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Modelling_Mushi

Thanks for the comments everyone. Rickshaw you're right, I spotted that towards the end and just didn't have the guts to go pogo and outriggers on the swing wings.
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

chrisonord

That is every kind of awesome would you say :bow: :bow:
I really like that,I dare say that this would be quite a formidable piece of kit on an aircraft carrier. :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sotoolslinger

Very cooool :mellow: Great conversion work :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

bearmatt

The carpet monster took it!

sideshowbob9