Cosford 2010 - the Photos

Started by NARSES2, April 12, 2010, 06:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 12, 2010, 06:30:11 AM
Nev's pink elephant made a few peoples day and I think I had one guy going with my tale of German industrial shortages, red primer and the bucket of whitewash used to eke it out  ;D

Oh dahling, I vant, I vant.

Aircav

Quote from: nev on April 12, 2010, 10:56:05 AM
A wide shot of the SIG stand.  L-R:  Martin H, NARSES2, PR19 Kit, Aircav (what happened to the pinkteam?)

When the weight went on the name had to get shorter, saying that I have been thinking about changing my name on here again.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

I just can't get used to Chris's neat haircut.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitbasher

Top turnout - some smart models there mes braves!  ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Steel Penguin

great models on the day, ive realy got to have a think re what to do next, and to try to improve my skills, so as not to let the side down.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Radish

No worries my friend, we're not JMNs so bring whatever you want and have fun!!! We appreciate EVERYTHING!!

Martin H

Quote from: Radish on April 12, 2010, 01:40:21 PM
No worries my friend, we're not JMNs so bring whatever you want and have fun!!! We appreciate EVERYTHING!!

yeah what he said :)

So long as your happy with the standard you turn out, thats all that matters in this group
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on April 12, 2010, 12:29:46 PM
I just can't get used to Chris's neat haircut.

Retired now Rad, don't have to annoy people on principle any more, just when I feel like it  ;D

Quote from: Martin H on April 12, 2010, 02:21:57 PM
Quote from: Radish on April 12, 2010, 01:40:21 PM

yeah what he said :)

So long as your happy with the standard you turn out, thats all that matters in this group

Absolutely spot on  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

The German WW2 "What if? armour" is from Richard Howden, a magnificent modeller and painter...all brush painted and he really uses amazing techniques....and that Union Jack-camouflage pattern, previously used on a Panther, is so good, I might copy it on a boat.

ChernayaAkula

Awesome stuff! :bow: The Union Jack camo is great. Subtle, but oh so cool.  :thumbsup:

Bet the RAF Mistubishi F-1 got mistaken for a Jaguar many a time.  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Martin H

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 13, 2010, 07:39:52 AM
Bet the RAF Mistubishi F-1 got mistaken for a Jaguar many a time.  ;D

eh once or twice LOL. One of Scootermans finest:)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

I heard someone point it out to his son as a Jaguar  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Don't be too hard on the bloke - it is kinda related to the Jag.  But it remains one of my favourite ever whiffs :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Steel Penguin

Radish, the having fun is definatly the thing, but seeing what you gents turn out, gives me something to aim for, some of the stuff was currently waaaay beyond my abilitys. but so darn inspiring.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

Wow...great show, guys !

Love that Widow....very nicely done ! Other top pics are the 104, I love that camo, the Javelin. One more kit I've never built but need to....the yellow harrier sure does it for me, and I really like that USCG Huey !

Thanks for pointing out the Union jack camo....I would have missed it otherwise !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?