Cosford 2010 - the Photos

Started by NARSES2, April 12, 2010, 06:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: nev on April 12, 2010, 10:56:05 AM
A wide shot of the SIG stand.  L-R:  Martin H, NARSES2, PR19 Kit, Aircav (what happened to the pinkteam?)

Just wondering if any of you gents got some photos of the Bristol T.188 that was behind you.  I've got a Maintrack kit to build and some photos of it would be handy.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mossie

Got a couple when I was there last year Robert, have a look on the Wiki page too, there's a nice detail shot of the speed brakes.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

As Simon says, there are quite a few photos on the net

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

kitnut617

Thanks guys ---- interesting, light blue u/c legs and insides of doors.  Were the wheel hubs light blue too ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

You wouldn't BELIEVE how crudely the serials and roundels on the 188 were painted, drips and runs and ragged edges all over the place. And it has a very slight 'area rule' shape to the fuse and the engine nacelles, you can just see that in Mossie's photos.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Didn't FROG do a 1/72 188 several million years ago?
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=28276.0;attach=48325
By the way, a fantastic P-61 (F-61) whif, very believeable  Can imagine an ECM version with the wiggly amps operator sat in the very back end.  I got a FROG P-61 at Milton Keynes with a view to painting it in RAF WW2 intruder colours, but love the kit so much it'll be a straight build.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=28276.0;attach=48365
And as for the RAF B-57 - a very good subtle build - especially given the use of the Airfix B6 markings.  To my mind this is how the B(I)8 should have been developed.  I've wanted to do something very similar but with a radar nose for ages.  Must buy a cheapo 2nd hand Airfix B-57 when I see one.
;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

JayBee

Quote from: kitbasher on April 18, 2010, 04:09:35 AM
;D ;D

No. They did do an FD-2.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

kitbasher

Quote from: JayBee on April 18, 2010, 04:52:11 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on April 18, 2010, 04:09:35 AM
;D ;D

No. They did do an FD-2.

JimB

Thanks JimB,
I've got the Maquette FD2 which, having found a shot of the FROG sprues online, appears to be the FROG kit.  Glutton for punishment, me!!
;D ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on April 18, 2010, 05:34:42 AM
Thanks JimB,
I've got the Maquette FD2 which, having found a shot of the FROG sprues online, appears to be the FROG kit.  Glutton for punishment, me!!
;D ;D

It is the Frog kit, via Novo and someone else too I believe.

Actually it's not too bad. OK, it's basic, but accurate and the droop snoot nose is really cleverly done. The landing gear doors are a tad thick, er, no, they're VERY thick, but they have bulges on them so it's difficult to make them from styrene sheet. Some serious thinning is called for really.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit