RAAF Washington R4 Finished!

Started by Aussie747, April 12, 2010, 05:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie747

Well some of you may have followed my build here... http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,23418.0/highlight,washington.html

Here are the finished pictures, some may notice a 'little' colour change :D Well that happen in a space of 24 hours to get it into a local model comp and I scored a 3rd in the small scale props for it...

Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Cliffy B

Congrats dude!  That thing is friggin awesome  :cheers:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rafi

Australia is always at the top.

Brilliant!  :thumbsup:

Rafi

jorel62

Mossie

Nice!  Is that a Jindi under the wing?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sequoiaranger

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Ed S

Looks good.  I like the 3 tone paint scheme.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Aussie747

Thanks all, its nice to be able to put it on the display case, it won't fit inside! :D

Quote from: Mossie on April 13, 2010, 09:03:55 AM
Nice!  Is that a Jindi under the wing?

Yep, slightly modified with wingtip extensions, V tail, genie missile, MK82 500lb slick and targetting pod (well part of it anyway).

:cheers:
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ChernayaAkula

Awesome build! :bow: Love the Jindivik under the wing!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aussie747

Here is one more picture taken at our local comp at the end of May. Some minor tweaking had been done since the last shots I posted.

Steve, the owner of High Planes (the maker of the Jindivik kit) noticed it under the wing and gave it a good looking over wondering what I had done to his poor kit! :D
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.