Farm equipment

Started by Joe C-P, April 16, 2010, 08:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

For a 1/72 diorama, I'm looking for some random small farm equipment, and nothing too modern. Any suggestions?
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

NARSES2

Preiser do a lot of HO stuff Joe, but thats probably a little on the small size for you ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

Hornby probably do some OO guage - there'd have to be some OO stuff for UK railroad modelers...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Aircav

As Chris say's Preiser is your best bet but they are expensive
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

Oxford do inexpensive vehicle diecasts...good, but not sure about farming equipment.
I'd try googling railway modelling shops to see what they have. Oxford, I know, do tractors...old ones.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

kitnut617

Doing a search using 'OO gauge vehicles' produces a lot of hits and would take hours to go through them all I think, there's a lot out there.  I would go with OO gauge because those are 1/76 scale, HO being 1/87
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Joe C-P

Thank ye one and all. I'd been thinking HO, but had forgotten about OO. Been a long time since I had train set.
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

PR19_Kit

Try Knightwing stuff, or Langley Minitures as well. They both do white metal and plastic OO gauge ground vehicles, which are 1/76 of course.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Silver Fox

Some of the 1/72 scale WWII airfield sets include tractors and various trailors that would be easy to mod back to the civvie farm roots. Towing Mustangs, or a trailor of hay for mustangs isn't much different after all. :)