B-29 canard bomber.

Started by Green Dragon, April 18, 2010, 02:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sequoiaranger

You didn't mention it, so I have to ask: Are you still going to add conic-section "fairings" to connect up the skinny cockpit area with the wide body? If you have another 1/144 B-29, it should be fairly easy. Angled cuts into the fuselage/tail section of your extra B-29 to match up contours with the whiffed areas.

>Still need to add the canards, guns and add more wheels to the main gear.<

Have you thought of "tandem" sets of wheels, one in front of the other? Or "trucks" like  railroad cars?

I like this project!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Green Dragon

Thanks guys.  ;D
Hi Sequoiaranger, I considererd using bits of the leftovers but decided to take the easy way out and mix up some Miliput which I slapped on late last night.
Topside pic.

Underside pic.

Need to rub her down now and if it looks ok that should be the last of the PSR!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Taiidantomcat

Color me impressed! and speaking of which how are you going to paint this?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

dragon

Quote from: Green Dragon on May 16, 2010, 07:40:09 AM

I reckon it looks kind of silly with the nose gear way up front, think I'll move it back to the cockpit/rear fuselage joint. Still need to add the canards, guns and add more wheels to the main gear.

Paul Harrison
Or you could take a look at what was done on the B-52....Call it a precursor.....
:cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Devilfish

I'm loving this build....something very different!

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, this is fun to watch.   &lt;_&lt;
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Thanks all! ;D No pics today, still sanding down the Miliput!
Taiidan, I was going to just use the standard overall bare metal with the kits WW2 decals but The Bridges at Toko Ri was on again last week so I was thinking of doing a Korean War plane that drops two Grand Slams on the bridges area thus saving William Holden, Mickey Rooney and Earl Holliman getting shot up by the Commies!
Possibly overall black, bare metal top/black undersides as used in Korea or maybe an early version of South East Asia colours.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Such glorious madness  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Green Dragon on May 20, 2010, 01:21:19 PM
Thanks all! ;D No pics today, still sanding down the Miliput!
Taiidan, I was going to just use the standard overall bare metal with the kits WW2 decals but The Bridges at Toko Ri was on again last week so I was thinking of doing a Korean War plane that drops two Grand Slams on the bridges area thus saving William Holden, Mickey Rooney and Earl Holliman getting shot up by the Commies!
Possibly overall black, bare metal top/black undersides as used in Korea or maybe an early version of South East Asia colours.

Paul Harrison

They all sound good!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

proditor

I watched you mate in the single tube of the cockpit and thought "No way is he going to be able to just fair that in and make it work"

I was epicly wrong, and glad to admit it!  This is one hell of a build!  :wub:

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Cliffy B

Can't wait to see her in paint!!!!  Any ideas on a camo scheme?  Will she be a USAAF bird or will someone else be flying her?  Inquiring minds need to know now!!!  ;D
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Green Dragon

I put the rear gun mountings on today.

Is it just me or are they looking more like jet engines than gun positions?

Cliffy, the possible schemes so far are:-
1) USAAF WW2 Fire Belle using Minicrafts kit decals in overall bare metal.
2) Korean War USAF bare metal top & black bottom.
3) Korean War USAF overall black.
4) USAF South East Asia scheme early Vietnam War.
5) Japanese Air Self Defense Force 1950's for joint bombing raids of Korea with the USAF(just thought of this one!).

Only one I have decals for is the WW2 version, all the others would have to be hand painted (not got got many 1/144th scale decals!).

Paul Harrison

On the bench.