Isreali F-32

Started by Captain Canada, April 23, 2010, 07:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Hi guys,
  After battling it out with my SSGB build, and then suffering through the disappointment of the first GB in WI history to not have an extension ( I thought it was an April fools joke !  :thumbsup: ) I needed something simple to get back into the swing of things. This is the first Isreali a/c I've ever built. I've always been a fan of that colour combo with those roundels. The only mods I made were adding a pair of wheels to the nose gear, and I added a few of those lumpy things in front of the canopy, and obviously the fuel tanks ! I was going to add a pair of big honkin' LGBs, but it just didn't look right, so I figure it still carries the weapons internally. Makes me wonder where the F-32 would be if it were chosen over the -35....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Shasper

Cool . . . the tanks are ex F-18 eh?
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Taiidantomcat

I really like these. nice work on the camo and the "lumpy things" add to it as well  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Nick

Looks pretty smart there. Not my favourite machine but you did a nice job.  :thumbsup:

nev

Hey Ma!!! 

Can you check out outside the window?!!! 

Has hell frozen over???!!!!

What?  No, Todd has just built an Israeli plane!

And where's my meatloaf?

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

philp

I think that it is amazing that not even Israeli camo can make that plane look good.  Wonder if Swedish splinter can do it.

The model, however, turned out very nice.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ChernayaAkula

;D Actually, I think in Israeli colours it looks positively good.  :thumbsup: Which is quite a feat.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

bobbo

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 23, 2010, 10:13:43 AM
;D Actually, I think in Israeli colours it looks positively good.  :thumbsup: Which is quite a feat.

The colors help, but that plain is just plain butt-ugly. 

bobbo

Weaver

Nice one - looks good!

The lumpy bits are IFF aerials, BTW.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Scooterman

anthonyp

A Monica never looked so pretty!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Great one, Toad!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Sisko

an ugly ugly aircraft in a sexy sexy scheme :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

noxioux

Yeah, she's an ugly baby, but you did a great job with 'er. :wub:

Captain Canada

Thanks for the comments, guys !

Yes, those are the old F-18 drop tanks...always a great standby !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pedrospe

that is a very cool aircraft, i always loved the x-32 , great job.

regards

Pedro