Okay, I thought I was bonkers enough...

Started by The Rat, April 24, 2010, 05:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

...but someone out there is even crazier than me when it comes to flying boats!

From wimp.com
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

andyreb3

The thin line between Genius and Insanity was not only crossed but they paid the toll to go down the insane highway doing 90-nothing.

A few questions:   1) The shear size would not make it practical for desert warfare?

2) How are they going to stabilize the water while traveling?

3) If they are trying for stealth, somebody for to tell them , I bet it would be noisy and could be seen and heard from miles away

4) Where is the attachment for the bulls eye target, if they do hit it they win the steak dinner or a Kewpie doll ?

beowulf

whatever the artist was drinking must have been good stuff....................................i'll have a pint please  ;D ;D
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

nev

Quote from: andyreb3 on April 24, 2010, 06:39:33 AM
                          2) How are they going to stabilize the water while traveling?

Well going in a straight line shouldn't be too much of a problem, its just stopping, starting, turning, going uphill and going downhill that's a problem :D
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

noxioux

lancer

Another queston - Waht are the poor bloody sharks going to eat? It seems that they are they only fish in the water. Or is it a case of some unfortunate mechanic who happens to fall in while servicing a plane?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

That's been posted here before, I'm sure.  I've always liked the shark addition.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

Maybe not here, but I have seen it before... Dark Roasted Blend perhaps?
There was an article on there recently about insane transportation art, incluidng the infamous Super Tanker Chopper (as in harley chopper, but made out of a super tanker and cruising the desert), but I don't think it was in that one.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

andyreb3

The artist was drinking the paint thinner & brush cleaner, and me thinks he going insane and not blind. No thanks about the pint ,that rot gut will kill you.

One last question. how do the planes get to the maintenance area with out getting severely wet or drowning the lower decks.

Weaver

Yes I thought somebody, maybe even me, had posted a link to a page of the guy's art, but I can't find it on a search..... :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

upnorth

Seen it before but I like it!

Those fighters at the front make me want to go out and buy a couple of cheap L-39 Albatros kits and see what can be done.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Weaver

Instead of having elevators, it should have a system like lock gates on a canal: you taxi the plane into the "elevator pond", shut the gates, and then pump the water out to get it down to hangar level..... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr