RVHP models

Started by rickshaw, April 26, 2010, 01:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quote from: nev on May 01, 2010, 05:13:26 AM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 30, 2010, 03:03:25 AM
That Be-12 "Mail". I could use a couple. Gekko made some pretty cool whif profiles for 'em.

You do know the JMSDF actually looked into buying Be-12s instead of developing the Shin Meiwa? :D

Oh, that has to be profiled or modeled - someone???

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

McColm

Are these Guys still trading, as Hannants has a limited stock of the 1/72 series?

TsrJoe

if anyone comes across the RVHP Learjet in Finnish markings on their travels give me a shout, its one im after to complete my Ilmavoimat recce bird collection :)

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Hannants have some future releases, check out their website.

McColm

On my second conversion kit,  the first being the Lockheed Constellation AEW/AWACS which comprises of three resin parts. The rotodome stand and two halves of the rotodome.
Which don't fit flush when glued together.
The second kit is the Grumman C-2 Greyhound;  fuselage halves,  rear loading ramp, tail fins and windscreen.
Did a dry test and there is a gap between the two fuselage halves,  is this a common trait with resin kits?
Anigrand seems to be the same especially the Martin SeaMaster kit .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: McColm on March 31, 2016, 05:34:33 PM
Did a dry test and there is a gap between the two fuselage halves,  is this a common trait with resin kits?
Anigrand seems to be the same especially the Martin SeaMaster kit .

Yes, they do tend to warp and shrink a bit.

But you can either bend them straight with the hot water treatment, or sand them flat like a vacform. Both methods have their downsides of course, but it's worth trying one or the other, depending on the level of warpage etc.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm