Hawker P.1128 'Huntsman'

Started by TsrJoe, April 27, 2010, 05:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

i have posted together a compilation of various P.1128 'Huntsman' models and artwork from the forum to try provide a resource for the type, feel free to add any of your own or any iv missed elsewhere. i'll dig out the original drawing and images of the manufacturers model to add later too

bestest wishes, Joe   :thumbsup:

Bruce Smith (IPMS. Glasgow) built this RN. 'green parrot' Admirals Barge and USAF. MATS. aircraft, Nigel Bunker this RAF. VIP. schemed example ...

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

TsrJoe

'zebedee' posted up some neat P.1128 artwork of an example in 'T.12 scheme and later ETPS. 'Rasperry Ripple' scheme ...

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,22209.30.html

Mossie

It's a lovely looking little jet Joe.  Are you planning on casting any more?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

Is it still possible to purchase the Huntsman conversion from you, TSRJoe?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

TsrJoe

the current second incarnation mould for the P.1128 is pretty much shot, the nose wheel bay and air intakes are coming out 'filled' due to tear losses in the silicone (unacceptable to me so i wouldnt inflict such quality on others) if theres a demand i will redo it tho, unfortunately due to resin pricing they would be approx £15-20 for the fuselage moulding (plus tail fin and modified nose undercart) moulded in 'plastic polymer resin'

let me know through pm if interested, production would be very limited due to time constraints, prob to a dozen or so examples (i try to keep track of my production to restrict potential recasting and profiteering after one example passed over as a 'freebie' was sold on evil bay)

bestest wishes, Joe   

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

TsrJoe

Lee Bagnal built this 'Black Arrow' schemed example a few years back from one of the initial test castings ...

(image via 'OGL.' Martin Higgs)

TsrJoe

Mike McEvoy's A&AEE. 'Rasperry Ripple' P.1128, c.2003 (note also the camouflaged example to the rear) ...

(image via 'OGL.' Martin Higgs) go on Mike post up some clearer piccies of the models, pretty please!

bestest wishes, Joe   :thumbsup:

Martin H

Your barking up the wrong tree Joe, mikes not on this forum LOL. I took that photo at the 2003 Nationals (aka Scale Model world now), im wondering if they have survied. The one next to it has as thats my Royal navy one :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

TsrJoe

a ga. drawing from 'overscan's 'Secret Project's site by 'jemiba' ...

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,449.msg6233/highlight,p+1128.html#msg6233

TsrJoe

Hawker P.1128 ga. drawing (from an original copy) reproduced from the 'Research & Development SIG.' newsletter issue no.1 ...

GTX

I wonder how one would go scratchbuilding one in 1/48 - be cool to do a COD one.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

TsrJoe

in 48th scale possibly one of the executive jet kits eg. Hasegawa/Revell Falcon might provide a suitable basis for the forward fuselage, hmm wonders if i can use the rapid prototyping setup here in work to make a basic form in larger (or smaller!) scales, might be worth the exercise!

bestest wishes, Joe  :thumbsup: