Hawker P.1128 'Huntsman'

Started by TsrJoe, April 27, 2010, 05:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

It'd be nice to see some civil schemes, IIRC it was proposed as a military transport, but it seems likely that it would have been pushed to the private sector.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TsrJoe

my late father always thought of doing one as a crew positioning aircraft in the old 'BEA.' maroon colours, would look sweet in 'BOAC.' too methinks in a similar role? i should have some of his doodles for the scheme in the files, ill see if i can find them, i recall there was a 'Scottish Airlines' one too sketched up

hmm just a thought 'Airwork' or 'FRA.' could have used them as ECM. agressor aircraft in a similar role to the current civil registered Falcon's
another idea could be a 'Berlin Corridor' snooper, eg a 'BEA.' schemed example with a recce fit a'la the Mosquito PR.34's used in the role?

bestest wishes, Joe  :thumbsup:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Mossie

BOAC was in my mind too.  FRA would be very nice.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TsrJoe on May 04, 2010, 05:23:45 AM
....another idea could be a 'Berlin Corridor' snooper, eg a 'BEA.' schemed example with a recce fit a'la the Mosquito PR.34's used in the role?

Funny you should say that. -_-

My Dad was with TCTDF (Transport Command Training & Development Flight) in the late 50s, and they had the last three Yorks in the RAF. The Yorks spent a LOT of their time going back and forth along the corridor to Gatow. Oddly enough at least two of them had cameras in the rear fuselage, one of which looked out through the dark blue bit of the roundel!

I'd venture to suggest that TCTDF actually reformed with Huntsmen instead of disbanding in 1956.......  <_<
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TsrJoe

Hawker P.1128 'Huntsman' doodles from my late fathers files, might be of inspiration for someone to model or illustrate them properly?

bestest wishes, Joe  :thumbsup:

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

Joe,

Your Dad had some great ideas there!

Of course the Queen's Flight Huntsman is a natural, and as I now have a Huntsman fuse, courtesy of OGL, I may just do that.

With camera ports in the belly of course.  -_-
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Joe, Ive had a word with Uncle Mike, and he has offered to bring his Huntsman fleet up to the Coventry show next month so they can be snapped in higher rez than last time.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

TsrJoe

cheers mate, the new mould worked out ok so when things calm down at work after final student hand in's ill get casting  :drink:

bestest wishes, joe  :thumbsup:

kengeorge

Morning Joe,
        I've been looking at your thread here, very interesting. So interesting that I've done a blank of the Huntsman, for myself. On top of that I have done about 10+ profiles that I'll post over on my thread. Firstly I'll post the blank I've made so you can let me know if it's good or bad.

Thanks, KenGeorge.

Scooterman

Can one still get the conversion?  I'm seeing either USAF, FAA, or NASA...........

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Scooterman on May 13, 2010, 07:43:36 PM
Can one still get the conversion?  I'm seeing either USAF, FAA, or NASA...........

See Joe's post #22, just above the one above yours.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 05, 2010, 07:44:36 AM
Joe,

Your Dad had some great ideas there!

Of course the Queen's Flight Huntsman is a natural, and as I now have a Huntsman fuse, courtesy of OGL, I may just do that.

With camera ports in the belly of course.  -_-

Don't forget the IR jammer(s) scabbed to the sides of the rear fuselage or in the back of the tailplane bullet........ :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Scooterman

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 14, 2010, 12:54:50 AM
Quote from: Scooterman on May 13, 2010, 07:43:36 PM

See Joe's post #22, just above the one above yours.  ;D

D'OH!  Thanks Kit! :banghead:

TsrJoe

a clearer piccie of Nigel Bunker's RAF. VIP. schemed P.1128 taken at the recent Newcastle show ...

TsrJoe

John Lacey 'maverick' has posted up some neat P.1128 artwork over on his 'photobucket' page of examples in RAF. schemes as a tactical transport and an ew.type ...