Messerschmitt Bf-109LT

Started by Swanny, April 27, 2010, 11:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swanny

Thought I might entertain you guys with another of my Whiffs from the archives. This is the Antares 1/48 resin kit built about three years ago. Overall it was a very nice kit although extremely tail heavy. I drilled out as much of the solid cast aft fuselage as possible then drilled additional holes into the forward fuselage and filled those with lead sinkers. As it is she just barely sits on the nose gear.

This is what happens when you incorporate the Jumo 004 engines with the already existing Bf-109 airframe then put it in service in North Africa.

Tophe

Nice missing link! Congratulations! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Martin H

great model. one of these days ill build the 72nd scale planet kit of the 109TL thats been lurking in the stash for years.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Cliffy B

That is slick!  God job man  :thumbsup: :cheers: :party:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Allan

What a great model and it looks just so concinving as well!!!!
Allan in Canberra

Taiidantomcat

Nice work! That nose wheel looks complex! Hope it didn't give you too much trouble  :cheers: Sweet build  :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sideshowbob9

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sequoiaranger

I had wanted to do one myself, but never did.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Swanny

Thanks guys, glad you all like it.

Pablo1965

Wow! African Jet. The plane is cool, but the idea is the most.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

dumaniac

top model - i did the slow conversion in 48 scale - and it was bit of a tail siter as well - despite lots of lead in the nose

James

Great idea, build and paint job!  :thumbsup: