Harrier GR3 - Committee Build - The result has been declared - France Won!

Started by Hman, April 27, 2010, 12:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

FRANCE!!!   Booo to the PLA!!!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

GTX

Another for France here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Weaver

I thought the Chinese proposal was to be based on Sea Harrier-style airframes but with attack avionics?

Anyway, colour-scheme wise, here's another vote for France (on the grounds that it's likely to upset the greatest number of people.... :wacko:)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on April 28, 2010, 03:20:21 AM
Anyway, colour-scheme wise, here's another vote for France (on the grounds that it's likely to upset the greatest number of people.... :wacko:)

:thumbsup: France for me to  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

(on the grounds that it's likely to upset the greatest number of people....

I think you'll find that there's more folks in China than there are in France, however I will concede that there are more French people in France, (all of whom could be potentially upset)..... And some of them contribute to this very site  :mellow:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on April 28, 2010, 07:34:53 AM
(on the grounds that it's likely to upset the greatest number of people....

I think you'll find that there's more folks in China than there are in France, however I will concede that there are more French people in France, (all of whom could be potentially upset)..... And some of them contribute to this very site  :mellow:

Ian

Yes, but there's no reason for all those Chinese people to get upset about a Chinese Harrier (they were looking at buying it for real). On the other hand, given the amount of effort that the French put into trying to persuade NATO to buy anything other than the Harrier, a French one should be quite upsetting to French and British JMNs alike. I sincerely doubt that any of the French or Brits who frequent this site would be upset since they are, by definition the sort of imaginative, flexible folk who'd appreciate it: if they were JMNs, they wouldn't be here in the first place.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Hman

Just long as no one misunderstands and calls someone Bigoted :rolleyes:
"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Hman

France - 6 Votes

Rhodesia - 4 Votes

China - 7 Votes

I vote France, making that an equality of votes.  However being the Chair of the Committee, I have a casting vote, which I cast for France.

I being the Returning Officer for the Committee Build declare that the Harrier will be French.

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Mossie

I've only just seen this, I'm going to mix it up & vote for PLA if I'm not too late....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

oliv30330

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

Quote from: Hman on April 28, 2010, 12:23:32 PM

Hssssh! Your microphone's still on........ ;)

- Indiana Jones

beowulf

Quote from: Weaver on April 28, 2010, 02:12:45 PM

bwahahahahahahahahaha
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

anthonyp

Yay!  A Harrier that will have an appreciation of fine wine, cheese, and Mirages!
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on April 28, 2010, 02:12:45 PM

;D ;D ;D :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.