Main Menu
S

Scrap/Spares?

Started by sideshowbob9, April 29, 2010, 04:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sideshowbob9

Hi all! I'm currently sorting through my spare bits boxes and planning on getting rid of a fair amount. Thought I'd test the waters and see if there was any interest on here first rather than just bin it all.

There's approx. 200 kits worth of landing gear (struts and wheels), some cockpit parts (incl. a few good ejector seats), some bombs and rockets but it's admitedly all in a jumble. Also some display stands and a fair amount of bombs (including a couple of bomb sprues from the Esci Tu-22) and some rocket pods. There's also a (hopefully complete) gantry from a Revell Bomarc kit (but no Bomarc) and a few other bits and bobs.

Also probably 30+ decal sheets (I'll firm up on the number a bit later).

This will be all one job lot. I'm in the market for some spare swept wings so maybe a swap?

Mossie

I'd be quite happy to take that lot off your hands!  Especially the decal sheets, I'm low on decals.  I've got a few swept wings in the spares box, I can probably throw in some swept wing kits that are languishing in the stash too.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

Mossie, would you be persuaded to part with the Bowmarc Gantry?? if you got all that lot, ?? If so is there anything you are in need of that I might have to swap.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sideshowbob9

chrisonord, I'll send you the gantry if Mossie is amenable to the idea.

I stopped counting the decal sheets at 150! Including:

Bi-centenial VX-4 F-4
A380 Prototype
B-58 Prototype
Blue Angles
Blue Impulse
Concorde
Photo-Etch for a MPM XF2R-1 (never could use photo-etch!)

Some of the other decals are a bit ropey though!

Right, now all I have to do is wait for a model kit from ebay to arrive, for the box and I can get this stuff sent off!  ;D

Mossie

Yep, that's no problem, Chris can have the Bomarc! :thumbsup:

Sounds great Bob!  Just a quick question, what scales are in there?  I mostly build in 1/72, although other stuff is always handy.  If it's mostly other scales, I'm probably best letting someone else taking this box off goodies!

I'll have a look through my stash & bits box asap, see what I can find that's swept.  Off the top of my head there's a dead F11F Tiger, and a couple of old Airfix kits, a MiG-15 & a Gina.  Should have some harrier wings too & I'm sure there's several others when I have a proper look.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sideshowbob9

QuoteI mostly build in 1/72, although other stuff is always handy.

I mainly build 1/72 but dabble in other scales so it should be ok on that front.

The Tiger and Gina wings sound perfect.

Though, if anyone has any wings suitable for a 1/144th 727/Trident class aircraft, I'll be all set!

chrisonord

Thats brilliant ;D :drink:
Is there anything else either of you two gents are looking for? I will have a look see.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mossie

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on April 29, 2010, 07:33:24 AM

I mainly build 1/72 but dabble in other scales so it should be ok on that front.

Though, if anyone has any wings suitable for a 1/144th 727/Trident class aircraft, I'll be all set!

Don't think so, everything I have in 1/44 is either too big or small, I'll have a look & see if there's anything that would work in scalorama.

Weaver

I MIGHT have something suitable, but I won't know until I get home.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I've had a good look, & I can add to the above with 1/72 wings from a Su-7, MiG-19 & Tornado in both 1/72 & 1/48 (might work for a 1/72 bomber?).

Weaver

Are these any use to you?

They measure approx 90mm from root to tip. No idea what they're off, I'm afraid: got them in a box of bits.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sideshowbob9

Quote from: Mossie on April 29, 2010, 04:10:55 PM
I've had a good look, & I can add to the above with 1/72 wings from a Su-7, MiG-19 & Tornado in both 1/72 & 1/48 (might work for a 1/72 bomber?).

If I can pick, can I have the Gina, Tiger, Mig-15 and Su-7 wings please (and the Mig-19 wings if it's not taking the mick!)

QuoteAre these any use to you?

I'd be glad to take them off your hands! What can I do for you in exchange?

Mossie

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on April 30, 2010, 02:42:33 AM

If I can pick, can I have the Gina, Tiger, Mig-15 and Su-7 wings please (and the Mig-19 wings if it's not taking the mick!)

Your welcome to them all, I just I wish I had more to offer you!  If you want the Harrier & Tornado wings too I'm happy to chuck them in. :thumbsup:

sideshowbob9

Quote from: Mossie on April 30, 2010, 03:34:31 AM
Quote from: sideshowbob9 on April 30, 2010, 02:42:33 AM
Your welcome to them all, I just I wish I had more to offer you!  If you want the Harrier & Tornado wings too I'm happy to chuck them in. :thumbsup:

Well in that case, I'll take them all! Mwuhahahahaha....ha....ahem.

In all seriousness though Mossie, your offer is more than generous as I'm a little concerned some of the decals I'm sending may be past it. There should be more than a few useable ones in there as well though.

I'm struggling at the mo to find any boxes that will stand up to the punishment (just got a SMER G.55 in the post nearly crushed within an inch of it's life  :rolleyes: ). I'm going to Didcot tomorrow to sate the "other" interest so this rodeo probably won't get rodeoing until Tuesday at this rate. Could you both PM me your addresses over the weekend?

Mossie

I'm sure I'll find something out of 150+ sheets!  :thumbsup:  PM coming.