Mavricks F14

Started by sudzonic, April 30, 2010, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudzonic

Hay all,

I am about to start Mavericks F14 from the movie Top gun. It is a sort of What if as the squadron is a fictitious one.

I started to build the old Airfix F14 and well this is all i have to say about it! :banghead:

So i now have this one instead. :thumbsup:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

sudzonic

Most of the big bits are together.

I have to say this kit just falls together. :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Scott,

LOVE the piccie of the Airfix Tomcat in the bin!  ;D

Isn't the Fujimi kit a peach? Mine is a different version to yours as the box art is totally different but the plastic looks the same. I'm doing a first pass on your decals tonight, hopefully to be in the post on Tuesday next week.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sudzonic

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 30, 2010, 01:17:52 PM
Scott,

LOVE the piccie of the Airfix Tomcat in the bin!  ;D

Isn't the Fujimi kit a peach? Mine is a different version to yours as the box art is totally different but the plastic looks the same. I'm doing a first pass on your decals tonight, hopefully to be in the post on Tuesday next week.

It certainly is Kit! i was put off building planes because of kits like the Airfix one :banghead:

I am pretty sure if i cut all the parts of the spures, threw them in the box and gave it a good shake, that it would build its self!

Thanks again for making up the decals for me by the way i owe you one  :cheers:

sudzonic

And todays efforts have produced this!

I think there is more parts in there than the Whole of the Airfix kit! The decals were a bit of a nightmare and needed a lot of trimming  :banghead:

sudzonic

sudzonic

PR19_Kit

Hehehe, that's a trifle bizarre seeing some decals that were on my printer a few days ago suddenly show up here!  :lol: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Shasper

"Watch the Birdie!" *flash* lol

From what I remember the movie's VF-1 marking were taken from a E-2 squadron. . . my medded up up mind can't remember which specific one tho'.
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

sudzonic

Well the movie was on TV the other night and it gave me the motivation to do some more work on this..

Most of the big stuff is tougher, just got all the small bits to do now.. And after watching the movie i noticed i got goose' helmet wrong so will have to re paint it now  :banghead:

Taiidantomcat

Still, looking good!  :thumbsup:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sudzonic

Hay gang it has been a long time coming but here is a small update on this.

I have finished the landing gear.

The paint is on its way for the F14, should have it in a few days but things always take longer to get this far north  :banghead:

Taiidantomcat

Glad to see you are still working on this!  :thumbsup:

Gondor

great looking under cart

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....