Mavricks F14

Started by sudzonic, April 30, 2010, 09:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Hey great fix!  :thumbsup: I hate it when you have to redo steps on a build, but its always worth it in the end.  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sudzonic

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on September 25, 2010, 11:14:00 AM
Hey great fix!  :thumbsup: I hate it when you have to redo steps on a build, but its always worth it in the end.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Taii it is a PITA having to ree do something but this looks nearer to mavericks plane i think?

Well this bird has got some more plumage now it a mix of decal from all over the place? Some from the Airfix kit i started with some from the Fujimi kit and the decals that Kit very kindly made up for me.

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Pablo1965

Great. :thumbsup: :cheers: I hope news deperately.

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sudzonic

Got a few more of the what seems like millions of decals on today! will post some pics once i get further along.

sudzonic

Ok so i think all the decals are now on the fuselage? just waiting for the gloss coat to dry so i can start the mat coat later. i will post some pics later?

Pablo1965

Quote from: sudzonic on September 30, 2010, 03:43:51 AM
Ok so i think all the decals are now on the fuselage? just waiting for the gloss coat to dry so i can start the mat coat later. i will post some pics later?

Waiting... :rolleyes:

sudzonic

sudzonic

Hay gang, the matt coat is done and a litle sutle weathering done on the machine gun outlet.

Taiidantomcat

sudzonic

Quote from: Pablo1965 on October 02, 2010, 03:56:54 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on October 02, 2010, 10:30:46 AM
Looking good!

Agreed and the Phoenix too.

Thanks guys the decals on the phoenix were a nightmare  :banghead: i used the ones from the airfix kit as they looked better but they are very very thin and would not cooperate atoll  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Pablo1965

However the stencils are de more dificult decals but look great. :thumbsup: