Strike Eagle/ Super Hornet kitbash

Started by Eddie M., April 30, 2010, 04:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tanktastic43

Old Wombat

Actually, the more I look at this creation the more I would like to see one in real life, coz I think it would be a brilliant real-world F/A fighter! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Eddie M.

Thank you all very much! I really appreciate the kind words concerning this build!!
Look behind you!

jsport

Ed S

Looks good Eddie. It really looks designed that way and not cobbled together like most "frankenfighters".  Well done.

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Scooterman

Mudbug!  HA!  LOVE IT!  :wub: :thumbsup: :wub: :thumbsup: :drink:
Can't wait to see this one in person Eddie!

chrisonord

That looks so right Eddie, it really does. The build is flawless and as others have said it will certainly leave a few heads scratched raw.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

KeiichiRX7

Not plastic, but with Eddie's permission a few friends and i have been working on a model of the Mudbug for YS flight simulation system.  We are working with it under the project name "F/A-24 Buzzard" as a tri-services fighter.  We call it the buzzard because it looks like a big mean mature old cuss.

Some revisions made along the way include addition of Strike eagle conformals because they turned out to be a drop on fit, the rear landing gear have been moved aft by 60cm to alleviate tail strike issues when landing on carriers.  We added EO pods and antennas to give it a look of a technologically mature system

Still waiting on final paint, but i think ive got weapons fully integrated for the "strike" variant.  some small changes to be made for a variant without conformals, and a couple different conformal variants, including a recon variant.

As with before Body by bombcat, addons and animation by me, and hopefully we will have a couple finished versions up for free download soon.
Weapons by Iceman, SDB by Dragon029.  We can all be found over at YSFHQ.com

Eddie M.

Outstanding Gents! Looks very good so far...
Look behind you!

KeiichiRX7

Just finished figuring out the fuel capacities... Carries 8 tons of fuel internally, 10 and a half with the conformals on.  with the F-15 style variable intake ramps it loses a lot of drag that the hornet had.  and due to the eagle style weapons carriage, it can carry lots of fuel AND a devastating number of weapons.  Your concept is amazing, and thats why we just had to build one.

Sadly i cannot set the sim up to simulate the full range of loading possibilities, because we lack the ability to create conditional hardpoints, or hardpoint specific models.  I could model them but they would be fixed configurations, unlike the present set up which is variable.  Those are actually pairs of JDAM under the wings, but in order to accomodate them on the body as well i had to model them as single bombs instead of MER's.  Which is fine, because it's actually common for the JDAM to be carried singly. Sadly they are also just dumb bombs dressed up fancy.  but hopefully we can talk the developer into giving us some support for more configuration options.  Thinking about swapping the mavericks out for pallets of brimstones.

John Howling Mouse

This is (truly) what I call "ridiculously good" Eddie.  Yowza!  Burning a whole on my screen, she's so hot.  Way to go.  This is an enormous triumph for you.  What a beauty.  Okay...heading out to play with my mud-pies, as BdaB would say!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

KeiichiRX7

i suppose this calls for an image of the YF-115 and MudBug together

McColm

Wow, great work.
Got to start building 1/48 scale models :banghead: