Strike Eagle/ Super Hornet kitbash

Started by Eddie M., April 30, 2010, 04:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Still using rattlecans......, but I've been practicing with the airbrush on paper and eisle so I don't look like a third grader with a crayon when I finally put paint to plastic. ;)
Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Pablo1965

Wow, you really have a incredible plane.  Congratulations. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Eddie M.

Thank you very much my Friends!

QuoteIs that an N-156NN?  That is so cool!

Well, it is now. I had no idea what it was until you just named it Jschmus. :thumbsup:
I made my own tailhook and have started test fitting the weapons. I envision this aircraft being a response force to counter the increasing size and power of the drug cartels operating in and around the Gulf of Mexico. It would have been stationed in either Kingsville or Corpus Christi, Texas. It should be done soon. Famous last words, right?  :rolleyes: :lol: :cheers:

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

Thank you! Here's how the decals on the big bird are coming. I chose these markings so I could have a companion for my VF-154 jet that I built some years a go.

The Hornet /Phantom from some years ago with Coral Sea markings. ;D

Look behind you!

Sauragnmon

A minor stretch, but you could call them evil relatives to boot - both consist of a Bug-relative being mated to a heavy fighter.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

^good point! Neat to see that one again BTW.  :wub: still can't believe that scratch built tail hook  :o

arkon

cant seem to find the build up of your hornet/ phantom, do you have a link to it, i missed it. thanks (oops, never mind found it)
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Pablo1965

[/quote]

This plane is one of the most brilliant ideas I have seen in a modern plane, loooks awesome and advanced tecnologically. In complete opposition to what is often seen today, have.... personality and mountains of character.

Eddie M.

Quote from: Pablo1965 on July 22, 2011, 06:09:07 AM
This plane is one of the most brilliant ideas I have seen in a modern plane, loooks awesome and advanced tecnologically. In complete opposition to what is often seen today, have.... personality and mountains of character.

Thank you Pablo! This may sound crazy, but the defining feature of this plane for me was being able to modify the F-4 radome to fit the Hornet body. After I solved that problem, the rest of the design fell into place. ;D
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

That just looks great!  :wub: Sooooooooo Cool

John Howling Mouse

This just keeps getting better: awesome!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.