TORNADO ADV 1/48 (Airfix) - it's time to do the my version of it -

Started by G.Marcat, May 02, 2010, 12:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkirad

There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 24, 2010, 09:31:27 AM
This is incredible  :o

Absolutely not incredible, it's only plastic and superglue.

Few moments ago completed the wing zone. Now it's time to add the canards.

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: G.Marcat on May 24, 2010, 09:44:54 AM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 24, 2010, 09:31:27 AM
This is incredible  :o

Absolutely not incredible, it's only plastic and superglue.

True, "only plastic and superglue," but in the hands of a Whiffing Master, don't forget.   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

G.Marcat

Update:

applied the canards, they are the taiplanes from the Tornado, I have changed a pair of details, nothing more.

EDIT:  now also the tail is glued

Radish

This is one I did a few years ago, the picture coming from the "Replic" magazine report on the IPMS(UK) Nationals.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Taiidantomcat

Nice Radish :thumbsup:

G, even though you only changed a pair of details the change is pretty dramatic and very inspiring... got my little brain ticking on how I could do the same thing to a Tomcat. This is a great looking model, and really well executed even though it may seem simple I am very impressed with it  :bow: :bow:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 27, 2010, 04:04:24 PM
Nice Radish :thumbsup:

G, even though you only changed a pair of details the change is pretty dramatic and very inspiring... got my little brain ticking on how I could do the same thing to a Tomcat. This is a great looking model, and really well executed even though it may seem simple I am very impressed with it  :bow: :bow:

For the F-14 I have in foresee a conversion to change the look of the Tomcat adding to it some pieces (wing, tailplanes) taken from the F-22 RAPTOR.

G.Marcat

This afternoon given to the ADV  a layer of MR Surfacer 1000 and this is how it look now:

G.Marcat

Another step is done:

From Yesterday to today corrected the little defects on the model with the BONDO putty:

and then sprayed overall a light hand of Mr Surfacer 1000.

Tomorrow will try to scribe a pair of panels... in the sides of the my ADV all the panels details have been  gone loosed.

Taiidantomcat

G.Marcat

It's finally the time to paint the my kit.

Yesterday ended to rescribe the surfaces, work done all by fantasy, however it's done.

Today sprayed the dark color first:

I had used  the Xtracolor paints, so a pair of days of pause between a color and the other will be necessary.

The scheme is similar/inspired to the MD EAGLE scheme used on the moderns F-15.

srkirad

hmm.. it's a bit unusual to spray these darker patches first?

what colour(s) is/are to be sprayed in following days?

anyway, it's nice scheme with this MD Eagle layout ;)
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

G.Marcat

Quote from: srkirad on June 13, 2010, 11:51:30 PM
hmm.. it's a bit unusual to spray these darker patches first?

Yes, I did the painting process at the contrary: the dark color for first: it's an experiment born after some tests done in the other kits built by me recently.

Quote from: srkirad on June 13, 2010, 11:51:30 PM
what colour(s) is/are to be sprayed in following days?

I will use the Xtracolor X-132 Gray FS-36251.

G.Marcat

This morning painted the uppersurfaces and front sides with Xtracolor X-132 (fs 36251):

Work done entirely freehand with the aid of the Harder&Steenbeck INFINITY.

In the undersurfaces probably will use a more light gray.