My entry...now finished!

Started by matrixone, May 09, 2010, 11:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

I will barely get this one finished be the deadline and these are the only in-progress pics I will have of this model...my secret bomber, the little known Junkers EF 500 ''Amerika Bomber''.

And below is one of my paint test models, the green scribble was done with my Iwata Revolution BR. This pic is a close-up, the actual size of the scribble is about the width of a pencil line, the uppersurfaces of the Ju 500 will get a tight scribble of RLM 76 (if my hand don't cramp up first!).

Matrixone

oliv30330

:wub: yes I like this, a very good idea. What's the scale of your secret plane?

matrixone

Thanks oliv30330,

Sorry, forgot to mention the kit and scale.
The kit is the 1/144 scale Revell offering, sorry to say its not a very good fitting kit and the basic assembly needed many coats of putty to fill and smooth the gaps, at least the worst of the gaps are on the undersurfaces.
If I was a B-2 fan I would not be happy with this kit but it makes a fun what-if to make.

After the decals dry a little more I will attempt to paint that scribble camouflage pattern later today.

Matrixone

oliv30330

I like the overall rendering the aircraft and it gives me some ideas. I think depend on your master and make a few changes, I actually just copy you  ;D

Taiidantomcat

That is excellent!! I love what you did with the B-2 wingtips! How did you do the scalloping on the leading edge? Mask or Free hand?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Neato  :wub: Hey your getting pretty good at that painting deal ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

GTX

Cool!  Makes me want to consider doing a USAF one but backdated to the '40s/'50s in BMF and perhaps with a gun turret or two...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

matrixone

Thanks guys!

All the painting on this model was done fee handed the only exception is the Alclad II painted exhaust areas.

This kit was not very good fitting...doing a BMF on it would require a massive amount of work filling all the gaps under the wing.

The drooped winglets came from an old Bf 109 G 1/72 scale kit while the fin and rudder is one from a 1/72 scale Ju 88.

I will try and get at least one pic of the finished model and post it here, for my ''airfield'' style pics they will be posted in the picture post section.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

I was genuinely surprised we had not seen an entry from you! Little did I know...! Excellent work again  :bow:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

matrixone

I had planned on building at least two models for this GB but I already had so many other models in-progress that I was feeling overwhelmed and had no more room at my worktable so this model was it until something else gets finished. Also taking up some of my time is the new photobases that I am building...you will see them later. ;D

Matrixone

proditor

matrixone

Thank you proditor!

A short time from now I will post one more pic of this model showing how it looks now with its ''scribble'' camouflage pattern.

The wheels are painted now and will be added to the model later today, depending on the weathering effects I might get this one finished at the end of the day and should have pics of it by this weekend! ;D

Matrixone

matrixone

Here is what the model looks like now.

The frame seen in this pic is from the 1/48 scale U.S. Army jeep I am building.

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

matrixone

Here are some pics of my entry, the Ju 500.

This photograph taken from a high altitude reconnaissance plane shows the secret bomber to the Allies for the first time...

From the one of the groundcrew...

This pic shows the size of the Ju 500, the He 111 is the same scale as the Ju 500.

Matrixone