CH-53 E whif

Started by Eddie M., May 13, 2010, 04:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Quote from: Cliffy B on June 06, 2010, 04:40:46 AM
You need at least 3 .30 or .50 cal miniguns in the "door" and ramp posistions.  That would complement the others quite well.

I had wanted to make Spectre Stallion, but with the paint sceme I want to use, it will look better slick on the fuselage. Believe me, one day I'll make the SCH-53 reality.
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Just a quick photo of the shear size of the beast on my workbench and the beginning of the black out. :D

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

I need to get me one of these  :o Looking great Eddie!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

I'm still experimenting with the weapons pods. I think I'm getting close to what I want. ;D

Look behind you!

nev

mmmmm, twin gun-pods.  Now there's a way to clear an LZ! :tank:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Wow, Eddie.  This is looking mucho impressivo!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Howard of Effingham

hmm, great idea here and one that for some reason has me in fits of giggles!
Keeper of George the Cat.

upnorth

That's looking great Eddie!

I was looking at what your doing for the weapons mount on the sponson.

If you don't mind the suggestion, I think it might look even better with an extra supporting strut on either side and a good amount of exposed plumbing.

Here's some pics of the weapons mount of a Mil Mi-171 Hip to show you what I mean:

A bit of an unfinished crudeness built in adds to the overall brutal looks of the beast I figure. :thumbsup:
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Eddie M.

Alrighty then. I have reached the point of no return and have boldly stepped forward. :lol: The blackout contiunes.... :cheers:

Look behind you!

Silverfox

Glad to see this is still alive - excited to see where it's going!

Pablo1965

Quote from: Silverfox on October 03, 2010, 07:05:03 AM
Glad to see this is still alive - excited to see where it's going!

Big proyect, and brilliant idea. :thumbsup: Perhaps... more soon?...waiting

Taiidantomcat

Happy to see it back as well!  :thumbsup:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

Thanks Gents!
   Moving forward and the blackout is complete. Gloss black so I can apply the decals. ;D

Look behind you!

Taiidantomcat

Looks fast! very smooth paint  :thumbsup:

noxioux

She's a looker in that black, for sure. :wub: :wub: :wub: