Hellfighter

Started by sotoolslinger, May 18, 2010, 05:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

famvburg

Pretending is OK. However, you don't have to cut the blades. You can heat them gently, like sprue stretching, except twist 'em to change the pitch. It still may not be 100%, but at least the pitch is changed.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on May 18, 2010, 11:44:20 AM
Hey I just make cool looking stuff  ;D I don't know how it actually works :blink: Looking at the prop from the Pogo I see what y'all mean ,though :banghead: I ain't cutting all the blades off and repositioning them. Lets all just pretend :lol: :rolleyes:

famvburg

sotoolslinger

Thanks all y'all :wub:
I have never been able to stretch a sprue to save my life :banghead: I don't have any spare props if I screw it up either so it will just have to be an imaginary contraprop :rolleyes: :wacko:
Sides its a big enough pain just scratchin up this thing :blink: I don't have proper size tubing to make the prop hub so it is carved putty
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

So after I melted the first (incorrect) Contra prop :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
trying to fix it I STARTED OVER :blink:
Scavenging from the rapidly depleting stash I came up with this

Yes I know it is still not "correct" but it is the best I can do
Oh yeah I also reshaped the wing tips and horizontal stabs

Original

Reshaped
I amuse me.

sideshowbob9

Great start! Hope you persevere with it!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

anthonyp

Mmmmm, conta-rotating props.  I'm already in love.   :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

pyro-manic

Looks like another beast of a machine, STS! Looking forward to seeing more. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

BlackOps

Ron, she's lookin' real good. I like the wing and stab shape modifications, for some reason this just feels like it's from Texas!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Taiidantomcat

Dont worry too much about the props, I think they look great  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

sequoiaranger

>trying to fix it I STARTED OVER<

Sometimes that is really the best idea: to trust in serendipity. I'm not as resistant to "starting over" as I used to be because I have found that most often it's the best call and produces the most satisfying result. Good on you!

With the new prop and smaller empennage I think the Beast-fighter LOOKS the part you intended!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

retro_seventies

Looking great Ron! 

There's something about the way that you beat kits into submission that i find truly refreshing and invigorating!  Inspiring stuff as always - two thumbs up, and wishing that i had more, because they'd all be up.  Raising a Shiner to you as we speak :) 
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

proditor

I love the big "I'm going to kick your butt and then dance with your woman" look you bring to your builds.  The new Contra-prop looks really sharp.  I can't wait to see this one finished.  :thumbsup:

Cliffy B

An idea, how about SIX 20mms in the wings?  Maybe an F6F style center line drop tank and/or some HVARs?  Just some thoughts, I can see this thing as a really kickass fighter bomber as well as a Zero reaper  :wacko:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous