Hellfighter

Started by sotoolslinger, May 18, 2010, 05:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Quote from: retro_seventies on May 20, 2010, 06:15:19 PM
There's something about the way that you beat kits into submission that i find truly refreshing and invigorating!

I think that sentence sums up for me why I enjoy watching these things come together so much. :thumbsup:

I've recently tried a bit of kitbashing (emphasis on the bashing!) along these lines with my Fw190E, and it's good fun, if a touch nerve-wracking. Projects like these are simply inspiring. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

sotoolslinger

Thanks all y'all :wub: I really appreciate all the encouraging comments :thumbsup: ;D
So I made the mistake of looking at one of those "visible drawings" of a P-47 :blink:
So here is the external ques for a "massive superturbocharger" installation
Oil coolers for the 21 cylinder engine

Supercharger venting and exhaust

Long shots

Oh yes we will have massive weapons installation on this one.
Since the wings are so big and this will be an attack ship as well as a fighter she will be sporting
2 long barreled 30 mm cannon
2 1 inch cannon
4 .60 caliber machine guns in the outer wing panels
She will also be hanging rockets but they will also be whiffed :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
She does not need external tankage since being so large she has a 3000 mile range on internal fuel :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sequoiaranger

>Oh yes we will have massive weapons installation on this one.
Since the wings are so big and this will be an attack ship as well as a fighter she will be sporting
2 long barreled 30 mm cannon
2 1 inch cannon
4 .60 caliber machine guns in the outer wing panels<

Heavy armament, to be sure, but a quartermaster's nightmare. One of the reasons the US stuck to one caliber per plane was the similar trajectory of the bullets fired from the same type of weapon, and ease of maintenance/reloading. Since one inch equals 25.4 millimeters, maybe consolidate the cannon to four of the same caliber.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

sotoolslinger

Yes but Republic of Texas quartermasters are used to this mix of armament. The armaments manufacturer for the Combined Commonwealth Allies, New Zealand Armaments Corporation or NZAC ;D design all aircraft guns to have the same velocity and the projectiles to have the same ballistic coefficient therefore basically the same trajectory. :wacko: :thumbsup:
Sides all the same guns is boring :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Sauragnmon

yet another mean beast out of your hangars - watching avidly, Ron!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

Holy Hell!!  :wub: I recognize the F-15 piece you fashioned into the super charger  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all  :wub: Parts hunting in my creations is sometimes an adventure :rolleyes: :lol:
I amuse me.

Cliffy B

This just keeps getting better and better!!!!  :wub:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

sotoolslinger

Thanks Cliffy  :wub: Treeranger is right about one thing I might have to make the big cannons 40 mm with bulges on the wings :blink: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Cliffy B

I'd say go with a pair of 40mms either in the wings or under slung (like on Stukas) backed up with around 4-6 20mms would round it out pretty well.  If you have all of those I wouldn't bother with .50cals or any other kinds of MGs unless you REALLY want them.  Maybe snug a pair in on top of the engine SBD style?
-Tom Clancy

-Anonymous

-Anonymous

sotoolslinger

Remember Cliffy that all Republic of Texas pilots are highly trained Air Rangers who turn their cannons off to dogfight mere fighters.

They only use the heavy caliber stuff on bombers or shipping ;D
I amuse me.

Cliffy B

More info on that plane NOW!!!!!   :wub:
-Tom Clancy

-Anonymous

-Anonymous

Ed S

Super camo to finish this one off.  Well done.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

I have slept since then Cliffy :rolleyes: I'm not even sure what I called that plane :blink: I know I did a build thread on her about 2 years ago.Here is the photobucket album
http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh50/sotoolslinger/ME-120/
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

Outstanding work Ron!! Your ability to go from 0-100 mph on a project is something I envy. Keep on keepin' on Rockin Ron!! :cheers:
Look behind you!