Propeller Planes

Started by Taiidantomcat, May 18, 2010, 08:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

There's a discussion here about re-arranged Typhoons/Tempests/Furies and Sea Hawks with radial engines, complete with various profiles:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,10729.0.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

cafe

That turboprop skyraider is wonderful.  :wub: :wub:

Weaver

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on October 23, 2010, 10:33:04 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the cab of a British train of some kind?  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

tahsin

Train watchers are or maybe were a special breed , I have heard , but the cockpit / driver location also looks like GM's famous series of 1930s , though I won't be able to name it . Maybe I should look at a book I have somewhere

pyro-manic

I know the one you mean, Weaver - the big ugly Burgundy things?

EDIT: Some searching comes up with the Class 37:

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

Yeah, I came up with some sort-of-likes, both British and foreign, but no exact matches. Maybe he just took the look, without copying exactly?

This American F3 has something of the same look too:

- Indiana Jones

McGreig

Quote from: Weaver on November 12, 2010, 04:11:14 AM
but no exact matches. Maybe he just took the look, without copying exactly?

It looks to me as if it's the cab of a British Railways Western Region Type 4 "Warship Class" diesel-hydraulic. It has the same two-window cab front with the windows sloping down from the centre and the same short, curving nose. And then there's also the "Warship" name. OK, so the side windows are not exactly the same, but you can't have everything - - - :rolleyes:

Weaver

Nevertheless, I think that's the best match found yet McGreig - nice one! :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

kitnut617

First impression I had was it looked like an early Morris Minor
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Pablo1965

All this amazing thread is helpful for futures releases.

tahsin

Don't know if these two from Conceptships were already posted:

MiB

Quote from: arkon on October 20, 2010, 05:07:04 PM
taiiden, you find the cooles
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on October 19, 2010, 11:42:51 PM

t planes.now my fiancea is goin to be pissed at all the planes i want to buy to build some of this stuff lol.really like the trip engine one in black n white

WOW! Seems like some secret big soviet plane.....sorry for the very big quote
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

pyro-manic

The first thing that hit me upon seeing that was "Crimson Skies Brigand!", and then clicking the link I was proved right! Lovely build. :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.