Started by Taiidantomcat, May 18, 2010, 08:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkon

corsair wings thunderbolt cowling buffolo fusealage me 109 wind screen ,
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

dragon

Quote from: pyro-manic on May 19, 2010, 07:55:38 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 18, 2010, 08:47:47 AM

This one has been on my to-do list for a while. Need to find an appropriate donor kit for the fuselage and I can get on with it. ;D
Definitely doable.  However I suspect it will work only if it is done as a "scale-o-rama" with lots of PSR.  Perhaps a 1/48 P-47 fuselage with a 1/72 cockpit of some kind?
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: dragon on May 19, 2010, 08:53:36 PM
Quote from: pyro-manic on May 19, 2010, 07:55:38 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 18, 2010, 08:47:47 AM

This one has been on my to-do list for a while. Need to find an appropriate donor kit for the fuselage and I can get on with it. ;D
Definitely doable.  However I suspect it will work only if it is done as a "scale-o-rama" with lots of PSR.  Perhaps a 1/48 P-47 fuselage with a 1/72 cockpit of some kind?

It could be a perspective thing... but you are probably right its a small cockpit
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Cliffy B

How about a 1/32 fuselage and a 1/72 cockpit with 1/48 wings and ordnance?  Maybe 1/32 wings as well?

Anyone else notice 4 MGs in the right wing but 2 cannons in the left wing?  :blink:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Cliffy B on May 19, 2010, 09:35:44 PM

Anyone else notice 4 MGs in the right wing but 2 cannons in the left wing?  :blink:

I hadn't, Good catch!  :thumbsup:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Zeke

HOVER HOGS RULE!.... ;D
excellent stuff!
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Weaver

Corsair wings, P-47 cowling, I-16 fuselage. :thumbsup: :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Taiidantomcat

Love the unconventional stuff!

Archangel

There are kits of the Skycrawler aircraft out there . Last year Starshipmodeler had the plane from the first image on sale at Wonderfest 2009 but they no longer have it listed on their site for sale. and I saw another one of the planes entered into the contest this year its listed as something J2 here just a few post back.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Archangel on May 22, 2010, 08:23:54 PM
There are kits of the Skycrawler aircraft out there . <...>

And pretty nice ones, to boot. Fine Molds does a 1/48 Sanka Mk.II (CLICK!), while Bandai makes both the Sanka Mk.II and J2 Skyly in 1/72 (CLICK! for both). Platz even did a 1/144 version of the Sanka Mk.II (CLICK!).

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 20, 2010, 10:41:49 AM

Always wondered whether these are genuine planes or rather hydro-foil/plane hybrids?
Would there be any advantages of a "hydro-foil aircraft" over genuine hydro-foils and aircraft? Maybe more speed than a ship/hydro-foil and better endurance and load-carrying capability than an aircraft?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

I am pretty sure they are supposed to be modern Schnieder Cup contenders, thus the hydrofoil gear  :cheers:

sideshowbob9

KJ_Lesnick

I'd just go with a P-47 and F4U hybrid
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Taiidantomcat

Taiidantomcat