Project Aurora........

Started by General Melchet, May 24, 2010, 02:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Dam son . . . you HAVE my attention!

(Now where's my XR-7 kit? *starts rummaging*)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

redstar72

An excellent work!
And it's a surprize also for me - how big this monster is...
Best regards,
Soviet Aviation enthusiast

anthonyp

That's awesome!  Gives me a third scheme to paint up an XR-7 in.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

LemonJello

Wow. Just wow.  That is, as the kids say, ridonkulous. 
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

General Melchet

Thanks fellas, there's a couple more XR-7's in different configurations and schemes to come plus an even bigger 'something' on the horizon ;D........'here there be giants'

Andy :cheers:

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

Fantastic model.
Just one slight niggle. The ejection sequence, the're sitting back-to-back. Who would clear first?

General Melchet

Thanks chaps, McColm, good point, have to toss a coin in the crew briefing room for that one!!.The problem also being that the rear man would have to eject into the airstream, (but at least that would be away from the XR-7 if still attached :o).....maybe the seat could swivel, though hard to perform if the thing is breaking up around you! :rolleyes:
Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

McColm

Quote from: General Melchet on July 23, 2010, 02:21:14 AM
Thanks chaps, McColm, good point, have to toss a coin in the crew briefing room for that one!!.The problem also being that the rear man would have to eject into the airstream, (but at least that would be away from the XR-7 if still attached :o).....maybe the seat could swivel, though hard to perform if the thing is breaking up around you! :rolleyes:

It could eject sideways like the Douglas B-66 Destroyer.

anthonyp

Knowing USAF, the rear wound be the first to get out, but it may be a capsule eject (considering the whole plane is a WHIF, I say capsule for both).
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

McColm

Maybe the crew are expendable. Ejecting at high altitudes at high speed, hasn't been documented or has it?
Does anyone know the highest altitude a pilot has ejected out and survived ?

bearmatt

Or then eject downwards  :mellow:, like they do on the B-52...
The carpet monster took it!

CAO 700

Oh my God! It's incredible! It's enormous! It's magnificent! It's GREAT! I love it! :lol:
Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

Geoff

Quote from: McColm on July 24, 2010, 11:59:13 PM
Maybe the crew are expendable. Ejecting at high altitudes at high speed, hasn't been documented or has it?
Does anyone know the highest altitude a pilot has ejected out and survived ?

I believe the highest admitted to was from a Mig-25 but I don't remember the height - except it exceeded the limits of the seat used by a lot.