Groovtastic car whiff thread of grooviness.

Started by puddingwrestler, May 24, 2010, 08:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Not very TV friendly, that guy turns invisible.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

Behold it's awesome magesty! I found this in the Fotiki account of a french chap over on Model Cars Magazine Forum. It was at NNL East 2010.

Full coverage here.

puddingwrestler

Here are a few interesting bits and bobs I picked up looking through a car modeler's Fotki account. Mostly at contest pics, but also at RW car show stuff.

From the skilled pen of Jairus Watson: Chrysler 300C Propellor Car!

Not sure who built this, but it's a sort of VW Combi Rommel's Rod...

Dodge Deora on tracks...

And I just like this thing. Can anyone ID the grille? It makes me think Hudson, but I could be wrong.

And there's this thing, called the 'Golden Sub' - I think it was some sort of racer or speed record attempt car, but it looks kinda cool.

There's a whole lot of pics of it.

philp

Quote from: raafif on June 18, 2010, 05:23:59 PM
in a far distant future ...
           where vehicles still need to be tested, comes ...
                                                the cloned & improved descendant of the Stig.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rg-b/4412408932/in/pool-855956@N24

Make sure you look at the rest of the album.  A lot of neat ideas in there worth steal borrowing.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

jcf

The Golden Sub of 1917 was a Barney Oldfield racing car designed and built by Harry Miller.
The inline four with semi-desmodromic overhead valve-train was also designed by Miller.
The car was quickly nicknamed the 'Golden Egg'.

The car had a successful career that also launched Miller into the front ranks of period constructors.

puddingwrestler

I found a pic of the 1:1 version of that brown rod in an old copy of Australian Street Rodding (or atleast something very similar) and I was right, the grille comes from a Hudson Terraplane.