This months Combat Aircraft magazine....

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, May 25, 2010, 02:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

....has a superb article on current PLAAF fighters, including a shot of a J-10 (or Lavi as our friend Zeke calls it), with what looks like a flight leaders band curving around the fuselage aft of the canards.

Also carries confirmation of the RAF order for three (old) RC-135 'Rivet Joint' Elint aircraft to replace the Nimrod R1's

Good issue this month and worth a twenty-minute examination, next time you're in 'Smiths !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

deathjester

Good issue this month and worth a twenty-minute examination, next time you're in 'Smiths !

Ian
[/quote]Careful, you may have old Giffers hobbling out from behind the counter, shouting "This is not a library"!! 

Several of our local newsagents seem to have such antiquated staff members, seemingly for precisley this purpose....

Fulcrum

Hopefully, they manage to ship it across "the pond" to my local book store ;D
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Shasper

We're talking about the June issue, right?

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Deino

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on May 25, 2010, 02:38:29 PM
....has a superb article on current PLAAF fighters, including a shot of a J-10 (or Lavi as our friend Zeke calls it), with what looks like a flight leaders band curving around the fuselage aft of the canards.

Also carries confirmation of the RAF order for three (old) RC-135 'Rivet Joint' Elint aircraft to replace the Nimrod R1's

Ian

Thanks for Your kind words !  :wub:

And yeppp ... this was one of the J-10 taking part on the 60th anniversary celebration's fly-by and the yellow stripe - also applied to the J-11A - were done as formation flying marks.

Besides that part two of the PLAAF-report will follow next month ... something on the AEW-types in August ... and finally later that year part three on the bomber-force !

Cheers, Deino
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945