Downfall builds - Bearcat/Mustang. * * F I N I S H E D* *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, May 28, 2010, 01:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Arrggh!!!  Blinded, where's me welders mask????  Either Ian's got the alcad out, or Terry's in his Rocky Horror get-up again....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

lancer

Ohhhhh Shiiiiiiineyyyyyy.... :bow: :bow: :bow:

superb, beautiful, another master piece in the making. Truely master ful work as usual Ian... You do know I am greener that our bus loving radish with envy don't you?????
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Had a couple of hours last night, this morning and again this evening, so got some more work done on the Mustang:

Multiple tones of Alclad and some Humbrol and Tamiya. Next will be the wheel wells, then the decals. Thanks for all the positive comments so far.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Ooooh, my topknot is twitching........I'm getting that Fimbling feeling! :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Brian da Basher

That P-51 looks like a million bucks, Mr Hunter-Gatherer! I especially like how the blue recognition stripes were done. The coat is just light enough to let the aluminum aluminium metal through just like those markings were applied in the field.

Already looking forward to seeing more!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

lancer

Quote from: nev on June 23, 2010, 09:52:52 AM
Ooooh, my topknot is twitching........I'm getting that Fimbling feeling! :wub:

Please don't tell us you watch the FIMBLES of all things :banghead: :banghead:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

lancer

Ok, curious question time. What is the reason for doing a gloss black undercoat when you're putting a NMF finish on a model? I'm about to paint one of my latest builds like that and I'd like to get it looking at least half decent.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Lance
The glossy black is only really needed for lacquer finishes that are going to be 'buffed'. If you are using acryllics or enamels, there's no need; Halfords primer stright from the rattle-can is fine if you want a base coat.

PM or eMail me if you want any further help or advice, always happy to help (but you know that anyways, right  :thumbsup:)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

rickshaw

Quote from: nev on June 24, 2010, 10:01:31 AM
Quote from: Overkiller on June 23, 2010, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: nev on June 23, 2010, 09:52:52 AM
my topknot is twitching........

Is that code?  :wacko:

A secret code, to find out who has young children, and who doesn't ;)

hehehehe, "early in the morning..."  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.