Downfall builds - Bearcat/Mustang. * * F I N I S H E D* *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, May 28, 2010, 01:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooterman

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Thank you. You're all very kind, and some of you are a bit silly.......   :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Once again, your work goes into my category called "Ridiculously Good" Ian.   :bow:   You are a master with an airbrush, did you know that?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Had a h*ll of a week/weekend, so wasn't able to do any work whatsoever on either of these projects/this joint project - which is doubly frustrating as they are so near to finishing.

It was No1 sons' birthday on Sunday, and his Godfather (and wife) came to stay with us to celebrate and have a wee break..... Unfortunately I couldn't get the time off work so poor Mrs. Hunter-Gatherer had to deal with everything, virtually without any help from me at all.

Well I finish my current round tomorrow morning, and in order to get one of these puppies finished to show at the AGM, I'll give-up my sleep tomorrow, and decamp to the painting shed. Probably wont be able to get both done, so will focus on just the one. No promises, though.

Hopefully, more soon.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

So here they are, all done - I'll post each separately then post a 'conclusion' later. Enjoy  :thumbsup:

Kit: Academy 1:48 F8F-1/2 Bearcat
Paint: All Xtracolour enamel, pre and post shaded, oil washes, exhaust/gun scorch plume airbrushed with Tamiya 'smoke'
Decals: Freightdog Models 'Brits at Sea Part 1'
Extras: Spinner from Tamiya P-51 kit, prop blades cut and sanded to fit.

Grumman Bearcat Ib (F8F-1 (Late))
Assigned to Sub-Lt. Oscar Lorenzo
808 RNAS, British East Indies Fleet
Trincomalee, Ceylon
Late 1947

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Kit: Tamiya 1:48 N.A. P-51D Mustang
Paint: Alclad II lacquers, Humbrol enamels, oil washes, exhaust plumes airbrushed with Tamiya 'Smoke'
Decals: Hasegawa 1:48 P-47D Thunderbolt 'SEAC' boxing
Extras: Ultracast resin Aeroproducts propellor, 110gallon Drop-tanks - Monogram F-80, 60lb Rockets - Monogram Typhoon

N.A. Mustang IVb (P-51K-22)
142 Squadron, RAF South East Asia Command
Hong Kong
Early 1946

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Thouroughly enjoyed both of these builds.... so many positive and encouraging comments throughout aswell, really make a difference, so thanks to all for those. Going to get my breath back for a couple of days before continuing with the Rafale and SMB2 builds for the Vive la France GB. As ever, thanks for looking and all comments, questions and crit's are welcome.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

srkirad

great job on bothe of these birds Ian!
I especially like Bearcat after wash and weathering with its faded panels - representatin of truly worn machine! Excellent!

cheers,
Srdjan
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

Mossie

Good job Ian!!! :thumbsup:  I'm surpised how different the Mustang looks in SEAC markings, it just gives it a little 'something'. :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Tremendous stuff as usual Ian  :thumbsup: Love the Bearcat in particular  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

James

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

van883