-Anonymous

wolfik

love both buddy  :cheers:
the seac bearcat would be my next project.... :wub:
but my will be in all blue because the last hellcats are in the us paints too
looks W O N D E R F U L
Peter

kitbasher

The business!  Expect respectful admiration in the shape of more Bearcats and Mustangs.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Radish

Inspirational......when I see builds like this I feel inspired to build another model, to have another go, to try that bit harder.
Stunning stuff.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

nev

Well, the Bearcat is incredible.  A real double take, and a superb model to boot :thumbsup:

But the Mustang?  Oh be still my beating heart.  From the superbly executed Alclad NMF, the dropped flaps, the weapons load, the subtle but heavy weathering showing us this is a working bird, everything about this model is perfect.  This may just be my favourite model of yours Ian, and thats saying a lot :wub:

My suggestion of the Operation Downfall mini-theme was worth it if all that came out was these 2 models 8)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Taiidantomcat

Excellent job on both... I can't really pic a favorite! These are seamless, could easily fool a JMN. Beautiful builds  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

lancer

They look waaaaaaaay better in the flesh. Stunning, totally stunning!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Thanks all. Its the best part of the build, knowing that folks like what comes-out at the end of the process. I really appreciate all the comments and support throughout this (relatively painless) double build. As mentioned before, I'm taking a short moment or two to get my breath back, then getting stuck-into the Vive la France builds..... (simultaneously I'm starting my only R.W. build for this year, a JASDF T-33 for the Japanese SIG stand at Telford).

Ahhh so many models so little time - Once again, thanks all for the support, I wont clog-up this part of the forum with the Vive la France builds, I'll post them directly into that thread.

Best

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

G.Marcat

Brian da Basher

That's some top-notch whiffing there, Mr Hunter-Gatherer! The Bearcat is a prizewinner for sure!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher