Red Baron hot rod

Started by Eddie M., May 29, 2010, 07:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

While I was at Hobby Lobby looking at models that I don't need, I saw the Tom Daniel Red Baron. A what if in a box. When I was a kid, I always wanted to build this kit, but never got the chance. The chance is here and I'm doing it. This about one days worth of work.  :cheers:

Look behind you!

philp

I loved Tom Daniel's rods back in the 70's and built several but never the Baron.  I did pick up the Dragon Wagon, Rommel's Rod and Tijuana Taxi from the rereleases and still have a S'cool Bus and Tarantula in the stash.  Need some 24th scale bits for Rommel's kit and some 35th scale halftrack parts to replace the tracks.  Also got another idea for Rommel's Rod and may have to pick up another kit to make Rommel's Other Rod.a

How is the chrome on the helmet in your kit?  Read a review of the rerelease that had a few issues with it.  And the bonus Dr 1 is the old Revell 72nd scale kit.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

beowulf

ooooh...shall watch this one cos i love tom daniels stuff

ive done bad medicine, paddy wagon and beer wagon in the last year or so and cant wait for the dragon wagon to get to the UK  :thumbsup:
.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

philp

Ice T and the Tarantula are on the rerelease schedule for this fall.

Got to build up my auto skills so I can do these right this time.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Eddie M.

The Helmet is in good shape. I'm taking a very simpliestic view of this one, though it was hard not to install minigus on boths sides. ;D  I'm doing this because I want to build an F-1 race car next. This is a little practice. :)
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Did I mention it comes with a plane? :thumbsup:

Look behind you!

beowulf

Quote from: Eddie M. on May 30, 2010, 04:43:34 PM
;D  I'm doing this because I want to build an F-1 race car next. This is a little practice. :)

best of luck with that.....ive just finished a Sauber and a Jordan...............the number of decals nearly sent me insane!  :blink:     ;D
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

Eddie M.

Quote from: beowulf on May 31, 2010, 01:17:49 AM
;D  I'm doing this because I want to build an F-1 race car next. This is a little practice. :)

best of luck with that.....ive just finished a Sauber and a Jordan...............the number of decals nearly sent me insane!  :blink:     ;D

I've got to try it once. Hobby Lobby has them marked down to $9 US. They don't have "real" wings, so how hard can it be? ;) ;D
Look behind you!

Mossie

You know you've just put a hex on yourself don't you??? :wacko:  Crazy little kit! :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

beowulf

Quote from: Eddie M. on May 31, 2010, 04:32:42 AM
Quote from: beowulf on May 31, 2010, 01:17:49 AM

I've got to try it once. Hobby Lobby has them marked down to $9 US. They don't have "real" wings, so how hard can it be? ;) ;D

i take it thats Revell not Tamiya?......have fun  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eddie M.

Mossie,
  You mean you can hex yourself by betting on an easy build? Now I know what's been wrong all the years.;D

Beowulf,
  For as hard as make things on myself with what I build, even a bad kit is a good kit to me. It's a Revell all right. It's in the discount bin, so I'm going to give a go. A cheap kit will keep me from messing up a nicer car, were I to get a taste for building cars. I'm expanding my horizons as well. I'm working on a helo and a car at the same time. ;D
Look behind you!

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

beowulf

theres nothing wrong with the Revell ones, just less detailed than tamiya, which in some way is a god send!...in fact i think cos they are less detailed they go together more easily, once did a Tamiya Honda and it was a b******d to get the panels to fit ;D..they make perfectly good models, hope you enjoy yours  :thumbsup:

i recently did Heinz Harald Fretzens Jordan and Sauber which are Revell

sorry for hijacking your thread...............lets see more of the Baron  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Eddie M. on May 30, 2010, 06:28:48 PM

Are you gonna use those wings as aerodynamic wings for the hot rod (à la F1 cars)?  :o  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Eddie M.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 31, 2010, 10:14:30 AM
Quote from: Eddie M. on May 30, 2010, 06:28:48 PM

Are you gonna use those wings as aerodynamic wings for the hot rod (à la F1 cars)?  :o  :wacko:

DUDE! That sounds really cool! I think I'll have to go back and get another Red Baron...;D
Look behind you!