Further car whiffery (or: PW doesn't just think about corvettes!)

Started by puddingwrestler, June 02, 2010, 04:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

I've got a fourt generation 1993-2002 Pontiac Firebird 1/25 AMT in my stash, with the side exhaust pipes added and roof lowered(sliced off) a roadster version could be built. Thanks for the picture.

puddingwrestler

I've got an early one of those, not sure of year, probably 93 or 94 which I tried to turn into a ute as a teen. I should probably dig it back out and have a go at finishing it. It's fitted with really preposterous flared wheel wells.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

puddingwrestler

Been looking at teh Pro Modeller 48 Ford I bought of ebay many moons ago...
And I've worked out how to three wheel it.
Although not mechanically.
THe front of the car remains basically stock, although I might de-chrome it a bit so it looks cheaper. The rear fenders will be removed, and covered with slab sides. The whole rear will be reshaped to taper in a bit more, giving more emphasis to the tricycle running gear. Also, the car will be shortened. I intend to cut just behind the doors, and just infront of where the rear fenders currently exist, and remove the bits between. This will make for a much smaller, and much cheaper looking car, since the whole point of 3 wheelers is that they are cheap. This will also mean it becomes a two seater. Which is good, since I've used the front bench on another project. This was I can just use the rear bench for the seats. The whole car will undergo a slight cheapning down of trim etc, but it will remain a convertible. After all, that saves on valuble sheet metal, and who cares about structural rigidity? It's built to a price sir!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Daryl J.

It's old hat around these parts now but the so-called Old School look of matte black with wide whites, red wheels, and chrome hubs shouldn't be for just old American vehicles.    I've thought of doing Italeri's 1/35 Pink Panther Land Rover as a pick up/Old School and some of the newer issue 1/35 so called Command Cars such as the Opel Light Staff Car from Bronco, Type 170V Tourenwagen from MiniArt, or such.    Red/White Von Dutch pinstripes might be hard to pull off, however.   

jcf

Quote from: puddingwrestler on March 24, 2012, 03:32:55 AM
... since the whole point of 3 wheelers is that they are cheap.

I guess Bucky Fuller didn't get the message.  ;)

Perhaps for the mechanical aspects, a Dymaxion style rear wheel support/steering arrangement and a Miller-Ford style
front-wheel drive setup. With an inline-4 in place of the V-8 originally used on the Miller-Fords.

Go4fun

I can't wait to see how the Mustwagon turned out. I wasn't fond of the ones the cottage builders turned out. I thought it needed the thick pillar at the rear and two more added behind the drivers door and the small side glass.
"Just which planet are you from again"?