Coventry~Warwicks Show 27th June 2010

Started by Radish, June 03, 2010, 02:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Is it the usual routine - rock up before 10 and unload at the hangar end before parking at the entrance end?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: nev on June 24, 2010, 11:55:40 PM
Is it the usual routine - rock up before 10 and unload at the hangar end before parking at the entrance end?

yes, nev it is, but i would get there a bit earlier than 10 if you can..

two days to go!
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on June 24, 2010, 11:31:02 PM
That's a shame...and did someone mention "pictures"?

Explain, please ;D ;D ;D ;D

They are things you carry water, wine, beer etc in  :drink:

Enjoy the show lads

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

right for those attending tomorrow. the SIG is holding court in the new education center behind the Canberra PR3. There will be a side gate open next to the main entrance to allow set up access untill 9.45am
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lenny100

so it wont be as much as a crush as we were all were last year in the back of the "shed"
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Martin H

that "shed" belive it or not is a Hanger LOL
Unfortunately,

Martin H

time is now 8.40am Me and Trevor are on site, the stand is set ready to rock and roll. sky is clear and its already quite hot.  this is gonna be a warm one
Unfortunately,

van883

Enjoy yourselves-it is a shame it clashes with a T20 cricket match at Trent Bridge. And then I shall go to the gym while the football is on. I don't like footie very much! Unlike most people at the moment...

Van

Martin H

ok so far we have in attendance

Martin H
Howard of effingham
Nev
Geoff P
Lenny100 (and clan)
PR19kit
Mike Mcevoy
Richard Brooker
Genral Melchet. operating off the Locate and cement stand
Unfortunately,

Radish

And I was there on the IPMS Stafford stand, with flying battleships that drew lots of interest.
Had a really great day, nice and warm and perfect positioning had a gentle breeze all day.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

PR19_Kit

'Too hot to think' was the phrase of the day, phew......

I never went outside without my hat and I was STILL boiled by the end of the day! Amazingly I won the largest raffle prize, a 1/32 scale F-14A! I've never built anything that scale in my life, apart from slot cars that is. It's big enough to move into, I'm not sure if you don't build it from the inside out even....  :o

Sadly on the way back to my car, parked about as far south as it was possible to get and still be in 'Coventry', the wind caught one of the plastic bags covering my transit boxes and blew it across the road. I put the two boxes down and the wind then blew both of them onto their side, blowing tons of the foam chips I use for packaging all over the place, AND ALL OF MY MODELS TOO!  :banghead: :banghead:

Major repair jobs will be needed on most of them sad to say, but the charmed life that the PR19 leads prevented it from coming to any harm thank goodness, apart from being inverted, something that no self-respecting 100,000 ft capable PR aircraft would ever do of course....  :unsure:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Radish

I thought we were parked in Shropshire?

Hope your models aren't too wrecked!! I must admit, while on "The Long March" to the car park I feared a couple of times that my stack of boxes would become airborne....well at least the battleships would be flying then in reality.
;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Freightdog862

I had a really nice time at the show (loved the flying battleships!). All was going well until we loaded the card up and were ready to set off, and the ignition locked! Finally got on our way at about 7.15pm thanks to the AA man with his 'magic spray' (WD40..), a very SPECIAL THANK YOU to Martin and Karl we waiting around to open the gate for the AA man. Once we got the car started he told us not to touch it until we got home, other than a brief stall on a roundable (Adrenalin rush!) we drove the three hours home and got it in the drive, I turned the ignition off and it immediately locked again! It worked this morning but is booked in for a barrel change later this week.
Colin

Martin H

Wasnt a problem at all for us Colin. We were waiting for the BBQ while helping you out
Unfortunately,

Aircav

Did anyone get any photos of the said event ?  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader