The Tofudabeest: 1/32 Toyopet Crown Custom

Started by puddingwrestler, June 07, 2010, 12:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

No physical work went on today since I was busy with the crazy taxi, but I have created a custom car club to go with the car and some other Japanese builds I have planned; the Sinister Orientals CC.

I'll try to develop some sort of clube display... and I have a freind who plays around with emboridering silly fake motorcycle club patches, so maybe I can get him to make me one...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

DaFROG

are you going pillarless?
DaFROG aproves.
does the kit come with a decal for the "toyoglide" badge use on cars equipped with the 2 speed toyoglide transmission (and 1100cc torque monstor engine)

puddingwrestler

decals are basically limited to number plates, btu I'll have a look. I don't think they were available with Toyoglide.

puddingwrestler

puddingwrestler

I think I'll FINALLY manage to start painting the body this arvo. My shed has no lights, so I can't spray paint after dark, and it gets dark about 6 right now...

puddingwrestler

Well, the Tofudabeest is finally done. COnsidering it was meant to be a quick build it took forever. Reports, cold weather and ealry night fall all played there part, curse them!

Incidentally, the Tofudabeest can be seen on the relatively main stream non-whiff forum Model Cars Magazine because someone has to spread the word of whiff to the heathen.

arkon

how much did you take off the top? thought it would look lower. but very nice anyways , great build.
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

DaFROG

PW is 6'4" maybe he still wanted to fit into the car? (should he ever be reduced to 1/32 scale of course)

puddingwrestler

6'3" actualy. I removed about 2mm which is about 3 inched in scale. I wanted it to remain a practical, drivable car. Many of the extreme chop tops you see in model car magazine would be very uncomfortable to drive in and have poor visibility.