Spinosaurus M.

Started by cthulhu77, June 07, 2010, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

interesting work - look forward to the final product

cthulhu77

I'm hoping to have it done in time for the nats this summer.  Jeez, time is really flying by !!!

John Howling Mouse

Very, very interesting/cool/dynamic/different!  Keep it coming, Greg!   :ph34r:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

shortened the right forearm...had the damn measurement wrong the first time.

sotoolslinger

It looks like your building her of actual muscle tissue ;D :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Thanks Ron !  All those years of dissection are proving useful ! :)

Almost done with the webbing:

Taiidantomcat

extremely impressive  :thumbsup: I think if I tried the same thing it would end up looking like an ancient volcano  :lol: excellent work  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

apophenia

sotoolslinger

Chock full of Spinosaury goodness :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

Very impressive! ;D  Are you using Bondo for filler?
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Yeah, 4lbs of glazing putty so far !  Starting on the bands across the back:

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

TsrJoe

looking good, i like how youv realised the sub narial gap in its upper jaw a feature sometimes missed when illustrating such theropods as well as the bulkier 'fat store' sail rather than the flimsy ones usually seen (i was lucky to have a close look at the Ouranosaur type specimen cast in Venice earlier in the year, the extended vertibrae certainly do look substantial)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Spinosaurus.jpg

what sortv surface texture are you planning, just curious after having spent a week embossing scales on a museum reconstruction uising sharpened metal tubes onto the 'sculpey' surface ... good fun!

:cheers:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I'm given to understand that a Mr S. Spielberg (no relation) has been watching this thread very closely...... maybe  :blink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)