What ever happened to Huma Models?

Started by frank2056, June 09, 2010, 12:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Hannants still has most of the range too, in fact it's listed under 'catalogue'.  Usually if it's the end of a range, it gets listed under 'limited availablity.  I wonder if it's just that they've not updated yet, got enough stock to last them, or maybe someone is keeping the range going?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

They now show how many kits they have in stock on the new website Mossie, for instance they've 3 Hs 132's in stock
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Forgot about that Chris, looks like they've only got about half of the range in stock, with quite a few with less than five left.  So I guess if you want anything, snap it up now!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Allan

I agree, PR 19, the Triebflugel was a wonderful kit and I made 2 of them.
Allan in Canberra

Doc Yo

I've been wondering about this for awhile myself. I fugured something had to have happened to them, as their
stock has been steadily shrinking at Squadron for years. Really a shame, as their molding standards on
their later kits was astonishing. I've built their DFS 228 ( a plane I hardly expected to see in resin, let alone
styrene ) and while I wouldn't describe their Triebflugel as "wonderful", it wasn't bad, and certainly filled a
gap.

Hopefully, Revell or Eduard will pick up thier molds at some point.

frank2056

Their more recent models (except for the Ju 287) were almost shake and bake. I put the DFS 228 together in about an evening (it helped not to put in the detailed cockpit) and I was surprised at how little corrective surgery (puttying, sanding, etc.) was required. I don't think I used any at all on the fuselage other than the melted plastic oozing out of the joint.

Their Me 328 dual kit was pretty enjoyable, too. The hardest part was deciding which of the two kits to build first. One of my favorite Huma kits is one of the oldest - their Hs 132 dive bomber. I built the version in the soft white plastic. The nose and cockpit details turned out to be somewhat off, but this only became apparent after the fall of the Soviet Union, when pictures of the captured Hs 132 prototype surfaced.

NARSES2

Quote from: frank2056 on June 16, 2010, 12:49:28 PM
One of my favorite Huma kits is one of the oldest - their Hs 132 dive bomber. I built the version in the soft white plastic. The nose and cockpit details turned out to be somewhat off, but this only became apparent after the fall of the Soviet Union, when pictures of the captured Hs 132 prototype surfaced.

One of my favourites as well.

Quote from: Doc Yo on June 16, 2010, 11:45:01 AM

and while I wouldn't describe their Triebflugel as "wonderful", it wasn't bad, and certainly filled a
gap.

Mine travels to shows in 3 parts and simply slots together wonderfully. Did it as a Soviet version
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Noticed yesterday that an LHS has a Huma Me.1101 still in stock for £13 (IIRC). I'd gladly pick it up for anybody, or if you want to get it yourself, it's in F&S models in Audenshaw: http://www.fandsscalemodels.co.uk/index.php
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

frank2056

The Me P.1101 wasn't one of their best efforts. The panel lines don't line up from one side of the fuselage to the other! Not even close. It does come with a t-tail option, so all is forgiven.

Mossie

Similarily, there was a Messerschmitt P.1106 & Focke Aghelis Fa.223 Drache in Just Kits in Hull, if anyone want's them let me know.

Hannants seem to have got a fair bit of stock in, probably buying the last items up.  The only ones not in stock are the DFS-203A, Hs.132 & Bu.181.
Hannants stock of Huma kits

Tojo633

All
Check with Pocketbond as they are advertising 3 Huma kits in the August issue of Scale Aviation Modeller page 711. What they have in stock is a different matter but I would assume they are the importer.
Cheers
Sandy

Weaver

Just wondering if somebody's "saved" Huma, or at least got their moulds, because:

a) Pocketbond are STILL advertising a full page of them, over two years after they went bust,

and

b) Kopro have a new kit out which is a mistel, consisting of a Lippisch DM-1 glider on top of a Siebel S-204A. Now the only DM-1 kit I know is the Huma one, so does this mean that Kopro have at least one Huma mould now?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

frank2056

Quote from: Weaver on January 02, 2012, 05:11:04 PM
b) Kopro have a new kit out which is a mistel, consisting of a Lippisch DM-1 glider on top of a Siebel S-204A. Now the only DM-1 kit I know is the Huma one, so does this mean that Kopro have at least one Huma mould now?

The test would be pictures of Kopro's DM-1 parts. The Huma DM.1 was one of the last made with their low pressure molds, so panel lines and detail are soft.

Here are pictures of the sprues and parts:
http://luft46models.com/manufacturers/li/lidm1.shtml (I just noticed that I wrote the review!)
http://portocity.olx.pt/huma-modell-lippisch-dm-1-1-72-iid-272182253

luft46models

Hi Frank,

if that takes you back then it does the same for me as that was my website , since bequethed to an American who's name escapes me at the moment, nice to know a few old GPL'ers are still around.

Regards

William in Oz

Madoc

William,

Ouch!  You do know how to hurt a guy!   ;D

The site is still running and I'm still in the market for fresh reviews.

So...

Quote from: luft46models on January 12, 2012, 05:20:51 PM
Hi Frank,

if that takes you back then it does the same for me as that was my website , since bequethed to an American who's name escapes me at the moment, nice to know a few old GPL'ers are still around.

Regards

William in Oz
Wherever you go, there you are!