New book - TSR2 - Britain's Lost Bomber

Started by DamienB, June 09, 2010, 04:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

Cracking book and read plus it's got the dimensions for some of the weapons too.  ;D :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

DamienB

Kit - I thought the Airfix mag was a Key Pub offering? Reviews tend to get printed about 2/3 months after publication so mine hasn't been reviewed in any mags yet as far as I'm aware.

ChrisF

Kit i noticed that too... but yeah they might get around to damien's book eventually...

NARSES2

Quote from: DamienB on December 07, 2010, 08:34:40 AM
Kit - I thought the Airfix mag was a Key Pub offering? Reviews tend to get printed about 2/3 months after publication so mine hasn't been reviewed in any mags yet as far as I'm aware.

It is a Key Publications offering Damien and yes editorial lead times probably mean you will see a review in a month or so.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Skyraider3D

Please visit my aviation art and photography gallery plus webstore at
www.aviationart.aero
or find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/aviationart.aero

Hobbes

Quote from: TsrJoe on June 10, 2010, 01:22:40 AM
:wub: :wub: :wub:

just placed my pre order, the cover is definately one for a large print for the office tho methinks, definately looking forward to this one

cheers, Joe

It's available as a poster now:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,30757.0.html

SPINNERS

Quote from: SPINNERS on November 10, 2010, 07:55:40 AM
Big hint* given to Mrs. Spinners...

* i.e. Piece of paper with name of book, author, publisher and ISBN number. Subtle ain't I??

It worked!

First impressions are entirely favourable and the section on the other contenders is fascinating.

Gondor

Quote from: SPINNERS on December 25, 2010, 02:23:07 AM
Quote from: SPINNERS on November 10, 2010, 07:55:40 AM
Big hint* given to Mrs. Spinners...

* i.e. Piece of paper with name of book, author, publisher and ISBN number. Subtle ain't I??

It worked!

First impressions are entirely favourable and the section on the other contenders is fascinating.

That's the way I went about getting my copy that I was given wrapped today... and just flicking through it looks really really good.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ChrisF

I didnt get a copy this xmas.. I got a copy of the haynes manual "Man cooking"

I think they're trying to tell me something..    :(

Martin H

at least it wasnt the Haynes manual on women.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Skyraider3D

Quote from: Falcon on December 25, 2010, 02:16:19 PM...and had my head stuck in it most of the afternoon
That's the Christmas spirit!  :lol:  :lol:
www.aviationart.aero

ChrisF

Quote from: Martin H on December 25, 2010, 02:08:15 PM
at least it wasnt the Haynes manual on women.

Very true  :lol:

Still it means im now safe to order said TSR2 book without ending up with several....

SPINNERS

ChrisF

Actually the "men" one is about mens health.. That was the first one in this new range of "non-car-fix-work" books they did... They realised that men dont tend to look after themselves as well as women do.. so where best to put a book about taking an interest in your own health? On a shelf that men will be at anyway... The haynes workshop manual shelf in halfords...

A very clever marketing ploy that seriously worked... Devious swines.... :D

Skyraider3D

That reminds me my oven is preheating already for an hour. I better chuck in that pizza!
www.aviationart.aero